FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buying model 225 or similar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying model 225 or similar
    Posted: July-03-2018 at 9:31pm
Here's a tip. A good way to"practice" tearing down a RR is to pick up a105B Buck at Wallyworld. They're cheap and made the same internally as the Red Ryder. If you fail the first time and ruin it, the loss is small and well worth the investment for learning.
Air-It-Is
boadacious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boadacious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2018 at 11:59pm
Interesting information about the 107 - I've never seen one in the flesh, so good to know the hands n experience before spending all that money.

Now however, converting the a 25 to a gravity feed would be the ticket! I guess my next step would be to fool with dissembling a a 25 and a red ryder.

Are there any resources you would recommend for learning the basics of this? I'm an amateur but very keen to learn more.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by 39hunter 39hunter wrote:

Cool, I will try it.

I knew I should have kept those old ink pens!
Thanks for the tip. will save the next dry one.
Gary
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 8:18pm
I meant DIY, of course. Ouch
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 8:17pm
I'm loving that DYI. Tongue
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
daisyaddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 4:14pm
Yankee ingenuity !
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 3:45pm
Cool, I will try it.
Pat
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 2:07pm
Talking about and easy ways to handle and load bbs, here's a picture of my favorite bb 'clip':

With the cap off, I just scoop bbs into it from whatever bulk bb container I have.  Topped off, it holds 27, though after a little while the bottom one gets kind of jammed in place.  So if you're one bb shy of full, you know you're loading 25.  It couldn't be easier to roll bbs from the pen into any gun's bb loading port.  They're convenient to carry, and if they're more or less vertical (in your pocket) they aren't noisy. 

bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 11:24am

I have in my collection, three of the Buck Jones 107 pump guns, and one of my favorite Daisy guns.

Today, these guns are still shooting really hard and most of you know they are very rare to find in good condition, and expensive to buy if you can find one. 

I have had the three in my collection for about 20 years, and will be selling two of them this year sometime.

If anyone is interested, they will be priced around $250.each, plus shipping! 

I would rate them as almost mint condition!!

Pictures at tatankatoo@aol.com  
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 12:28am
The 107 was similar in that the action is pumped but it is more difficult to cock because the 107 lacks the 'knee action' of the 25. It's not uncomfortably hard to cock, but overall I believe the model 25/225 to be a superior design. Besides the 107 is likely to have a lot of wear- and if it didn't the cost would be high for one in very good-plus shape. Personally, I'm a fan of the spring loaded model 25 shot tube. I found loading them is uber easy if using one of the silicone loaders like shown below. A 25 shot tube makes the gun a lot quieter w/o BBs rattling around, plus the 25 shot tubes have been more accurate and give a higher MV than the gravity feed shot tubes I've replaced with 25 tubes (4 guns so far- a 104, a 95 and 2 model 96).

It actually wouldn't be all that hard to convert a model 25 into a gravity fed repeater. The 25 has the same 7/16-14 thread as many other Daisys. IIRC the 25 shot tube is only a bit longer than one from a model 96 as an example, so the 25 barrel shroud might need shortened a little, plus you'd need to add a hole to load BBs.

Similar but different would be the Daisy 880. With just 3 pumps it will be shooting harder than a 225. Or a single pump like the Daisy model 840 'Grizzly'.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic