Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 80 with leather butt stock pad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 80 with leather butt stock pad
    Posted: July-19-2018 at 11:18am
Can anyone tell me if there are others out there with the original stock butt pad? I know that they made them for a few years in the 1950's, but I haven't seen any online or anywhere else that actually still have them. Im curious as to it's overall value. Overall this gun is in excellent condition. It had been put away and forgotten. It's a beautiful Model 80.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2018 at 11:21am
The Daisy model 94 Red Ryder came with a leather butt pad. 
BTW I have one with the original pad and box. It's going up for sale shortly, with the rest of my vintage Daisy's.......just a teaser. Embarrassed
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
RebelMatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2018 at 11:23am
How much value does the original pad add on?
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2018 at 11:42am
Hard to say. It is almost always missing. That said, there just are not that many changing hands so that it's obvious what the butt pad adds. If you asked me how much does the original mag. for a Crosman M1 add, I could tell you. There are lots of them moving around all the time.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2018 at 12:20pm

I have a nice 94 with the original stock boot, in fact I have about three of the 94, some have the repo stock boot, and looks good.

I doubt if there are many original stock boots, but on here a few months ago is a guy to makes the boots and I have bought some, looks and works great.

His name is Clarence Hughes, Columbus, OH.

Louie LeMaster
tatankatoo@aol.com
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
RebelMatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2018 at 3:16pm
I'm more curious as to how much it would add to the gun with the original leather stock pad. The one I have is nice but you can tell it's old.
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2018 at 5:15pm

To my knowledge the Model 80 did not come with the stock boot, although there are at least 10 different variations of this gun.

The gun did come with a scope and a canteen on some variations.

Does the stock on the gun you describe have the "kneeling frotiersman" with Daisy imprinted?

The Daisy Red Ryder Carbine Model 94 did come with the stock boot.

The Daisy Model 80 was produced in Plymouth starting in 1954 and later in Rogers until about 1959.

It is a nice gun and I have about three Model 80 guns. 
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2018 at 8:41am
My first BB gun was a Model 80. It did not have the kneeling frontiersman imprint on the stock but was in a set with the bell ringer target and a canteen. No stock boot.
Shot thousands and thousands of BBs through it and finally wore it out. A great gun and provided years of fun.
Gary
RebelMatt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RebelMatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2018 at 7:40am
It does have the kneeling frontiersman. The gun actually looks brand new. The leather boot appears old, but still in nice shape.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic