Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Can I Get Original Daisy Bolts & Nuts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 5:32pm
Cobalt, you are AMAZING!!!  Great work!!

Semper Fi
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 7:58pm
I appreciate the kind words.
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

Hi Rick,
I believe I have what you are looking for. I have two, as a matter of fact. I also have several older "lost cases" as you put it. Trying to offload the most of what I have. I can send you pics to your email address of the bolts and some of the old guns I have that need help. I also so have a bunch of old and not so old Daisy parts and parts guns. 

I missed your reply by only looking at the last post until I reread the entire thread tonight.
I am interested in some of the lost cases as long as they are the old Plymouth lever daisy's or Markham or Kings.  As long as they are not really rusty I am interested.
If you have a really nice spare stock slotted cross bolt for the model 111 I am interested it that also.
Do you need my email address or can you pull it from my profile?
Quote some prices and some of the photo's of the daisy's you want to get rid of.
Thanks
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2018 at 9:19am
Just wanted to post a thanks to all that helped with my search.
I did call Jim Dry in Oklahoma since he was closest to my location.
Jim is a really nice guy and very helpful.
He even took the register number of my 111 and said he would research and tell me the day time and year it was made.
If you need parts or info on any of the older Daisy's Jim is the guy to talk to.
I really enjoyed our conversation and hope to just talk to him about Daisy's in the future as his travels take him close to where I live.
Thanks again to all.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2018 at 1:00pm
That is very interesting that Jim Dry is able to tell the date from the Reg. No.

If you speak with him again, if you would please ask him how he dates them? I'm not wanting his secrets so if it's not something that is openly available I totally get it if he'd rather not say. And if you'd rather not ask, I totally understand that, too, and no hard feelings! It would just be great if there was a way for anyone outside the museum to date Daisys older than about '72 (when Daisy started making the dates readable to anyone who knew the Reg./Lot number "code"). I'm guessing he's not just contacting Daisy through the museum for you, and that he's somehow able to do it himself, independently. But either way, that's cool that he's doing it.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2018 at 4:10pm
BTW, I added more contacts to my earlier post. Not all are Daisy specific. The fellow who works on Daisy Model 25s  did a couple guns for Tom Gaylord.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2018 at 8:14pm
Hi Rick,
Your email is not on your profile. Mine is airgunnery@gmail.com
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Banjoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2022 at 6:55pm
I came across this old thread and this describes my attempts to revive My Dads old 111 model 40. I've been turning over lots of old leaves. I wish there was an old manual that tells me the size of the top stock screw and a side stock screw so that I could buy the slotted pan head screws and Perma Blue them.
Maybe an affordable donor gun will become available on EBay.
BTW I just got done plinking some cans and oiled the old girl with Ballistol. I am awaiting a Daisy 880 that will be dedicated to only pellets after She Who Must Be Obeyed gave the OK.
Semper Quarens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic