Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

C31 pistol, week fire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peddlinannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: C31 pistol, week fire
    Posted: November-26-2018 at 1:13pm
I'm hoping someone can help my son. He has a C31 air pistol that has a "weak fire," as he describes it. It doesn't seem to be leaking c02 (ast least, there's still plenty of c02 left in the cartridge, and we've tried changing them with the same results), but the bbs don't shoot nearly as fast as they did when the gun was new. You can actually see the bb fly...it just spits out with no power. Any ideas on what's causing this, and what we could do to fix it? Thanks in advance!
Daily shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daily shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2018 at 1:34pm
Are you putting a drop of Pellgunoil on the tip of the co2 carts? If not, you should. Gun may have dry seals or o rings.
peddlinannie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peddlinannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2018 at 8:42pm
Thanks, we'll try that. 
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2018 at 3:32pm
I'm with Tom. Sounds like you have a pistol that is starved for gas. I'd give it a good drink of ATF, pelgun oil, or NON-detergent motor oil on the piercing cup, put a new cart in and dry fire it out. Then I'd put a drop on the piercing pin cup every Co2 cart. you put in it from here on out. I'd see if I couldn't find other ways to get oil in to the moving parts, as well. Alternatively, there is a fine mesh filter in there somewhere that the Co2 has to go through. Maybe that is full of muck and gas can't get through fast enough. (pretty sure your son has a Crosman C31 pistol) Smile 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic