Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Christmas Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Christmas Story
    Posted: December-02-2018 at 9:40am
December is here! How many of us own a copy of "A Christmas Story" ? I think it would be cool if we could organize a day and time to simultaneously view that iconic film in the comfort of own homes, accompanied by a favorite Red Ryder, and make appropriate comments on the forum during the show. It would be as if we all came together......separately.

I might even surround myself with ALL of them just so none of them would feel left out. (Don't want to hurt their feelings) I'm thinking sometime in the week prior to Christmas. Any thoughts?

I did state a while back that I'm in this for the fun of it. Let the fun begin!!
Air-It-Is
daisyaddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 4:10pm
I'm in !
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 1:55pm
Terriffic! Any ideas of a good time/date?
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 9:26am
I've only received one lonely reply about this idea. I'm thinking about doing it sometime in the evening of the 23rd. I live in PA so any time would be Eastern Time Zone. I plan on having some family members with me for my annual viewing! Plenty of RR's will attend with us.   
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 5:43pm
I'll do my best to tune in on whatever day and time is picked. I don't own a copy so I'll have to make do with cable and hope there's a channel showing it then. Who knows- it's a long shot but it might work out for me!
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 6:34pm
Amazon video has it for 3.99 to rent and 8.99 to buy a permanent privilege to watch it. Karen and I watch it every year. We also binge watch all the incarnations of A Christmas Carol......there are quite a few. We take in Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, Polar Express, all them fun old cartoons/claymations, and any other soppy Christmas shows you may think of.....yes Andy Williams Christmas specials are in there. We hang out in jammys for a couple days trimmin' the tree, wrapping presents, and just hangin' out with the TV on. Not very exciting but I've come to find excitement is not all it was cracked up to be when I was younger.

The 23rd sounds good to me. If we start at 9:00, the folk on the left coast would be able to watch while they eat/fix dinner.
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 6:45pm
I'll be available sometime after 5pm Eastern. I won't be able to be in my jammies but will be comfy cozy all the same. Happiness is a warm Daisy. Lol.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-17-2018 at 6:47pm
9:00 might work. I'll check with the family.
Air-It-Is
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2018 at 5:32pm
10:00PM would work better. I could schedule things for the whole family at that time and still be in bed at about midnight. Would that work?
Air-It-Is
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2018 at 8:07pm
Good by me. I'm in at 10:00 pm eastern!
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic