Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Christmas Story

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2018 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

That would now be my best guess, too, especially after seeing the lever screw location clearly when Ralphie was laying in the snow after being hit by the ricochet. Yesterday I was talking with airitis about him making a copy of the movie gun and I had raised the possibility of using the No. 1938 RR Carbine as the starting point because it seemed to be very close to the movie gun, but we weren't sure if it was a painted gun or blued or of what lever the movie gun used.

So it would seem the museum I linked to above paid $10K for a gun that's worth less than the ~ $200- $300 a good condition 1940-'41 copper band Red Ryder is worth because the original stock has been butchered. For a place that's supposed to be an authority on the subject that's a heck of a big screw up IMO.

Sure looks like black paint to me......in the still you posted. # 1938s had stocks with the logo on the left or the right depending on production date. The saddle thong ring studs were horizontal on the 1938s. Here are some nice pics for comparison.

https://picclick.com/Vintage-Red-Ryder-BB-Gun-Daisy-Model-1938-223151998637.html
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2018 at 3:41pm
As far as I know, all the saddle ring holes were horizontal. They were round on the 111-40 and No. 1938 and became square on the 1939A/B model that used the plastic 'staple'. I would like to see a close up of the movie gun lever just for my own curiosity- I'm satisfied the movie gun was a No. 1938 but like the stock logo changing sides from L to R 1975-'76, the lever style changed from notched w/plastic insert to plain Daisy w/insert 1973-'74 (screws also changed from phillips to slotted). 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic