FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Daisy Scabbard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Daisy Scabbard
    Posted: December-04-2018 at 1:43pm
I bought one of those a a flea market a while back. Didn't have one. Never before saw one. Now I own one. I thought about using a Buck model 105 and making the world's longest Daisy pistol! Then I could use the scabbard for a holster.

I bet you would be able to time my Quick Draw with an hour glass.
Air-It-Is
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 12:00pm
If you would like to see a picture of the scabbard with attached leather strap, let me know and I can email it.

Louie LeMaster
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
RugerHunter007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RugerHunter007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 11:22am
Thank you -

bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 10:46am
It did have a leather strap attached to the open top end and is 9 inches long, when it is doubled and has a buckel attached. Both of my scabbards are original and complete with this rawhide strap.

The other comments are correct, it is pictured on page 128 & 129 of 
the Daisy book by Neal Punchard, but it does not show this rawhide leather strap which was attached. 
tatankatoo@aol.com
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 11:37pm
Edward, Daisy Air Rifles and BB Guns, The First 100 Years by Neal Punchard, has a picture of one on pages 128 & 129.  It doesn't give any production information.  
Pat
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 11:28pm
There's a picture of the scabbard in "Daisy Air Rifles and BB Guns"  "The First 100 Years" on page 128 and 129 with a model 102 Cub in it.  Like Blangpa said it was a boys smaller gun type scabbard. 
Keep On Plinking

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RugerHunter007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 11:27pm
Thank you for replying.  I was not aware Daisy made this and appreciate your information.  Can you tell me if they came with a rawhide strip attached to them?  If so how long would you say the rawhide strip is and how was it attached?  Thanks -
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 11:21pm
I have two of the Daisy rifle scabbard's, made by Daisy in the late 1960's and early 1970.

These were designed to carry the smaller Daisy toy popguns and small guns like the Model 102 Cub,they were also used as a bicycle scabbard.
tatankatoo@aol.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RugerHunter007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 9:52pm
I recently acquired a Daisy Scabbard in very good condition.  It appears to be made of vinyl and is about 15 1/2" long.  I find no mention in my resources when this item was made (year) or discontinued?  I would appreciate any comments on this -  Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic