Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

High performance replacement Daisy spring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 5:33am
Here's a couple photos. Yep, they're springs! lol

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 7:26am
I see the flattened ends. Your request? That makes disassembly/assembly easier. Mine were made from specs of an older model. Standard tension.

If you're getting any accuracy at 65 yards, it may be time to construct a scope mount. Hmmmm. Another project?
Air-It-Is
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 11:05am
It's interesting. My brother and I have shooting contests. I'm shooting my D 717 and he's on his 95.
We're shooting sidewalk chalk at about 50 feet. I know I've got a target pistol but it is a pistol. He and I hit chalk near every shot. Wish I could find a bb gun like that!

BTW if anyone is looking for a wood stock to go on a Daisy 8xx gun, there is one on ebay right now along with a plastic 880 stock. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Bb-Gun-Wood-Stocks-Plastic-Stock-Parts/362516473474?hash=item5467aa6682:g:qKYAAOSwUVBbkuqP:rk:20:pf:0
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 12:19pm
Is that a wood #25 stock in with it? Perhaps from a Centennial with the disk missing? But does not seem to be walnut.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Airitis Airitis wrote:

I see the flattened ends. Your request? That makes disassembly/assembly easier. Mine were made from specs of an older model. Standard tension.

If you're getting any accuracy at 65 yards, it may be time to construct a scope mount. Hmmmm. Another project?
Yes, closed and square ground ends were specified. "Accuracy at 65 yards" would be a misnomer- more like one hit per 6-8 shots! I should have stated that before because it's not in any way a sure thing. What IS significant is that the gun has enough elevation adjustment to make the shot using a proper sight picture with the increased MV.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

It's interesting. My brother and I have shooting contests. I'm shooting my D 717 and he's on his 95.

We're shooting sidewalk chalk at about 50 feet. I know I've got a target pistol but it is a pistol. He and I hit chalk near every shot. Wish I could find a bb gun like that!

BTW if anyone is looking for a wood stock to go on a Daisy 8xx gun, there is one on ebay right now along with a plastic 880 stock. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Bb-Gun-Wood-Stocks-Plastic-Stock-Parts/362516473474?hash=item5467aa6682:g:qKYAAOSwUVBbkuqP:rk:20:pf:0

Is there a place on a metal receiver assembly from a plastic stocked gun to screw in the attachment bolt?
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 6:23pm
Are you asking how the wood stock is attached to the receiver frame? If so, as I see that pic, the 1/8" sheet steel plate that holds the stock in the frame is missing and that long attachment bolt may be missing as well. I was lucky enough to have picked up two complete sets of wood stocks/forearms for the 880 off ebay a couple years back. One is on my 822 and the other set is long gone. Both are easy fixes for the likes of you Mark. Tongue The wood stock is designed to go right on the basic 880 frame. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-24-2018 at 8:03pm
Yeah, I've not seen how the wood stock is attached. I'll do some looking around, but I'm guessing the plate is held in by the same large screw that would have held the plastic stock.
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2018 at 2:28pm
The plate is just a flat piece of 1/8" steel with a 1/4x20 threaded hole in the center. The there is a long 1/4x20 bolt that goes in that big hole on the end of the stock and screws into the plate. The plate sits flush to the end of the stock that interfaces with the receiver halves. You loosen up the plate/stock bolt a bit and tighten the receiver halves over the plate. Then you tighten the big bolt. Frankly I thought it was a chincy set up but it has worked fine on mine for several years. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2018 at 3:24pm
okay, I understand. Thank you for explaining it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic