Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted 300 scope with mounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gailen David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted 300 scope with mounts
    Posted: December-26-2018 at 1:14pm
Would like to buy a nice condition Daisy 300 scope with mounts.

Gailen David
gailen David
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2018 at 2:38pm
Hello David. I sent some pictures of one I have for sale. Let me know what you think!

gailen David View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gailen David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2018 at 1:12pm
Can't open pictures. Can you send them to my e-mail trdaggers@aol.com     

How much are you asking?
gailen David
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2018 at 5:32pm
It appears we have this under control now, but I thought I'd post some pictures here anyway.  

BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2018 at 5:58pm
Here are the two different mounts available.  The one with the "tail" is the 25 mount, and the one without is the 111-40 mount.  As requested, I'll send the 25 mount. 

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2018 at 7:59pm
That scope and those mounts are in great shape. I didn't know it uses a post reticle. Too cool!
gailen David View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gailen David Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2018 at 11:45am
Looks great. Remember I need the 25 mounts.
SOLD
THANKS 

Gailen Daviv

Funds mailed this morning.
gailen David
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2019 at 3:40pm
Real nice looking scope.  Any kid back in those days would be the envy of his buddies. One thing about the mounts is that I have a last variation Red Ryder Gun-n-Scope set with the plastic stock that has the 25 style rear sight mount. Maybe because of the plastic stock they went that route. I  have a first variation Red Ryder with the regular rear mount on the 300 scope. 

I also have a model 39 Lone Scout that appeared to have a 300 scope on it at one time using the 25 style rear mount  because of a screw hole on the wrist. There were also marks on the barrel where the front mounts go so I'm pretty sure it had a scope on it.  I was able to mount a spare scope on it using a 25 type rear mount and it fit perfectly.

And the model 25 rifle already has a tang strap so when you put the rear mount on it, you have a strap on strap situation which looks a little odd. Also need to add a hole on top of the receiver as they didn't have one from the factory.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2019 at 9:47pm
Well, my buyer asked for instructions on how to mount the scope, and I thought I might as well post them here in case any one else wants to see the process.  It is simple, with only one real "gotchya".

So, begin by mounting the post.  This is the 111-40 post, without the tail.  In either case, some years the screws on the top of the receivers were bigger, and some years they were smaller.  The mount is sized for the smaller screws.  If you're mounting it on a big screw gun, you might have to open the whole a touch.  I put a little square of electrical tape on the bottom of the mount, to prevent any metal to metal contact.  That's clearly optional.  The 25 mount's second screw is kind of optional as well.  But, if it lines up, why not use it.  

Next, attach the scope's front mount, but not very tight.  It will help if that's able to slide back and forth a bit while you figure out the right length to the rear post. 

Next, set the rear of the scope over the post.  This picture also shows the "gotchya" that can come up.  You can see that the mount has an inner post and an outer pointer.  You need to get the lip on the height adjuster wheel on the scope between those two.  It turns out it is simple...

Just turn the adjuster to its full highest position, where the lip ends.  Line everything up, and as you wind the adjuster back, the lip will be in the right place.  

Now check that the scope is aligned with the barrel, and tighten the front mount.  How nuts you go with that alignment depends on if you're going to shoot using the scope, or just have it on for show.  The 111-40 in the pictures shoots well enough that I carefully set the scope by shooting at a pretty close range, and then lining the scope onto the shot, then tightening.  After that, I could actually sometimes use the scope to help aiming :) .

And if you ever want to pop the scope off to shoot without it, all you have to do is move the height adjuster back to the full high position, lift the scope off the rear post, and loosen the front enough to remove the scope.  That can be done in seconds.  

Happy adventures! 

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2019 at 6:27am
Very good tutorial! Also cool that you're actually shooting your 111-40... I shoot mine often as well and it's a very good shooter. The first 111-40 I got (advertised as a 1938B) was a basket case copper band and it outshoots all the others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic