Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 1101WS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 1101WS
    Posted: December-30-2018 at 3:23pm
Anyone try one of these?  I picked one up at a local sporting goods shop, for $59 this is a nice powerful springer for this price range, and very accurate. I cleaned the barrel and oiled it in the lock-up and it shoots very well. It is a strong spring gun and takes a little to cock, and is a little twangy, but definitely is powerful, kinda a low budget magnum springer. The open sights are also very nice with a lot of adjustment. Wood is also very good, all-in-all Daisy did a nice job bringing a gun at this level at this price point. I's built sturdy and will probably last a long time, I like it.Smile
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2018 at 7:55pm
Sweet deal! IIRC these were also sold as a Winchester.
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2018 at 8:57pm
I heard that, it's essentially a basic pretty powerful break barrel, I kinda liked the fact it was a "Daisy". I don't even use the scope, the iron sights are dead on. Nice an simple.Smile
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2018 at 4:25am
I head that- I use open sights on all but one of my airguns.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2018 at 9:14am
I have a similar WINCHESTER. The drawback for me is the violent release of the spring tends to distort the sight picture prior to the pellet leaving the muzzle. I have other break barrels that don't BOING as violently.
Air-It-Is
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2018 at 7:27pm
Mine is getting increasingly better after about 100 shots, much smoother and quieter. The accuracy and power for the price is amazing, much better fit and finish than the "B" series of Chinese guns I have.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2019 at 9:11am
Maybe I should dry fire mine a few hundred times. Besides the improvement of the release, I might also build up my pecs as a bonus effect!   
Air-It-Is
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2019 at 2:51pm
No, definitely never dry fire a break barrel, the piston will slam with no air cushion from a pellet. I actually mounted the scope but used old school Weaver mounts ($7.99 at Wally). These low end scopes come with dicey mounts and these really help keep zero, I've used them on several guns. I like the lower profile look as wellSmile
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2019 at 8:15pm
I do like the look of a scope on that rifle, but for shooting, I use the open sights.

Those DO make cocking an ordeal. Maybe I'll tell Mrs. Airitis that I'm going for a workout and let her just think I went to the gym. LoL.
Air-It-Is
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2019 at 5:28pm
They're a little hard to pull down, try a high power gas ram gun Shocked
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic