Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

102-36 oddity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 102-36 oddity
    Posted: January-02-2019 at 12:01pm
I want to know if anyone has seen this type of treatment done to a 3 star lever, and if so, what model was it? It's a new one to me and I believe it looks to be factory applied, whatever it is. The other embellishments I'm not so sure about- they look more like someone applied decals/stickers or somesuch. But the "enameled" stars look too neatly done for a kid to have done. Any thoughts?

Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2019 at 12:58pm
I have never noticed one like it. What about the scrolls on the receiver never. Are they factory or added later.
If they were added I would suspect the stars were decorated by the same person.
Nice looking either way.
I would guess paint with a lot steadier hand than I have.
Gary
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2019 at 1:19pm
Here's a guess: The silver area around the stars is "what's left" after the paint was wiped/worn off. The stars are the high points. The gun seems to have been used extensively by a right-handed shooter since the front and right side of the trigger are more rusted/worn than the left side. The trigger finger would cause that kind of wear from the right hand. Maybe the stars were totally painted and the high points lost the silver paint.

Just a thought.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic