Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Museum shipping costs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Museum shipping costs
    Posted: January-06-2019 at 3:08pm
Would like to hear from folks who have bought books/booklets, medallions, BB guns, what have you from the Daisy Museum. I'm interested in knowing what the shipping costs were. TIA

Mark
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2019 at 3:29pm
Mark, The only small stuff I bought from the museum, I bought AT the museum. I did have a model 25 shipped from there and it was about $15. I don't know how they estimate their costs. If I were to have other things sent I would make sure the volume of products was worth the shipping costs. Not just one or two pieces.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2019 at 4:07pm
I think what I'm seeing is they add shipping together on multiple items as if it was a single item. A book and medallion was estimated at $30 or some such. Just a single medallion is estimated at $13.85, book alone was about $16. Could be they charge the greater individual  shipping fee for items that fit in a package together.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2019 at 4:36pm
I can't find the receipt to save my life, but I know when I ordered the Daisy Collector Guide from them, the initial shipping quote was very high.  Not long after I made the order, I got an email with the adjusted shipping, and it was much more reasonable.  I think their software guesses on the (very) high side, to cover their butts! 
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2019 at 9:33am
BurghDude-I had a similar experience. I just ordered some items from them and the shipping was quoted as $22. After I paid I got a notice the next day $11 had ben refunded. 
I wonder if they go for a worst case estimate then adjust it if the actual costs are less?
Had a lot of small things, medallions, pocket knives..........nothing big or heavy. Perhaps the minimum for each item individually is in the initial cost and by combining them they change it to the actual cost?
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2019 at 3:43pm
They do have a disclaimer saying they won't overcharge and if you pay too much they will refund the overage, so it seems they are being fair about it. Still, they could do better by updating their software to give accurate shipping charges right out of the gate like the rest of the online retail sites seem to be able to do.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2019 at 9:53am
I don't know if anyone is interested, but the Museum has guns which were returns/rebuilds. They used to sell these for about 1/2 the MSRP. Current models mostly. You'd have to call for availability and pricing. They're not listed on the website.
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2019 at 7:16pm
Talked to them yesterday.
They have 1938B, and pink ones, for about 1/2 price. 
Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2019 at 4:46pm
I saw yesterday the 1938AAR w/pop up target, BBs and glasses is available again. $70 plus ship. If they'd sell just the gun I'd get one. https://www.daisy.com/catalog/rifles-kits-specials?subCatId=12
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2019 at 4:54pm
Maybe you can just buy the stock and convert one.
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic