Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 990

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 10:27pm
Thanks
I am getting close. Don't know how I got two on there.
This is the way my rifle arrived from the Post Office.
I wonder if this is what Dannop2  looked like when he got it from the Post Office?

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 12:27pm
Well mine was laying in the packing and the stock was in two pieces , they usually do a decent job but I had one rifle bent like a L and had a round depression like it was wrapped around a pole and another a few days later broken with a square depression like a square column , both were delayed in Atlanta for 3 days , would be nice to have the PO clean house over there  , plenty of hard working folks could use a good steady job , hopefully you will get your up and running soon .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 12:59pm
RRyder, that would have taken quite a blow to have sheared it off like that! I'm glad for you- and surprised- that there wasn't more damage.

Dan, yours sounds like a deliberate act by a disgruntled (rolls eyes) employee. They are supposed to have cameras watching things- they have to, to prevent employee theft. Makes one wonder why this wasn't caught. Or maybe it was but they choose not to compensate you...

Bottom line is all of the damages seen here were preventable by just using a modicum of care.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 2:35pm
Yes , I talked with one of the supervisors in town and she told me ...off the record that they were having problems over there in Atlanta as some of the workers felt overworked and under payed and under appreciated , I of course told her that a simple cure would be a temporary shutdown of that hub AFTER building a new one in a small town at least 50 miles from there , you would get grateful folks that would go the extra mile , energize a local economy and save about 30 - 40 % in cost and complaints , she didn't disagree . UPS has a hub up in PA that has problems too so it's not just the PO , shame isn't it ? , my local USPS , UPS and Fed-X people are great and always are nice and careful so in the grand scheme of things ...just a few rotten apples .    
Realshooter
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2019 at 10:34am
This is not a Model 990, but it is another USPS delivery of a Pioneer Model BB 76 I purchase a few months back. What can I say, I was not happy. These were made by Miroku. Thank the Lord the guy insured it, and USPS did pay for it. Of course I would have rather had the rifle in one piece.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic