Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Wire Rack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Wire Rack
    Posted: April-17-2019 at 10:57pm
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a Daisy wire gun rack? 

I need the one which has a small wood shelf, [Don't need the wood], hangs on the wall on on a table and holds one gun. I need it for the model 25.

I know that the Daisy Museum has a replica for sale, but that one is not made for the model 25.

Should I also post this on the Daisy Airgun Questions as well as here?

Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Regards, gkenny.
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2019 at 2:02pm
I believe the originals were universal and held all the Daisys.
I have an original that holds my 1 model 25 for display and it is exactly the same as the ones for my Red Ryders.  I collect the lever models however, I had to have at least one of the model 25's.
The model 25 pump action fits down in the slot one end has and the barrels on the Red Ryders sit on top of the slot.  Each of the models sit in the rack level as they should.
If you are not wanting an original I would think with a torch and some mild steel rod you could build one in an hour if you had a sample of an original.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Rick Cates Rick Cates wrote:

I believe the originals were universal and held all the Daisys.
I have an original that holds my 1 model 25 for display and it is exactly the same as the ones for my Red Ryders.  I collect the lever models however, I had to have at least one of the model 25's.
The model 25 pump action fits down in the slot one end has and the barrels on the Red Ryders sit on top of the slot.  Each of the models sit in the rack level as they should.
If you are not wanting an original I would think with a torch and some mild steel rod you could build one in an hour if you had a sample of an original.
Just My 2 Cents
Rick in TX

Thanks for the information Rick, that is very helpful!

The Museum sells the remake for about $25-$30 delivered. I would like to find an original first if possible.

Thanks again for the info about the wire racks being correct for both the Red Ryder and model 25.

Regards, gkenny.

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2019 at 1:40pm
You need to look closely when buying an original. A few years ago there was a person on Ebay selling reproductions and listing them as reproductions for I believe around 40 dollars if I remember correctly. I purchased one and it was hard to tell it from an original. Rod size was the same and it was a quality piece.
I have not looked at the ones the Museum sells. I hope to visit the Museum later this year and I will check them out then.
If you find an original I would think it will be priced in the $100 range or more with the original wood plank.
Good luck with the search, which is part of the fun of Daisy collecting.
Rick in TX
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 9:25am
Hey Rick, have you ever been to the museum before? Mrs. Airitis and I went a few years ago and had a great time. We even met Joe. He's a good fellow. I wouldn't mind going again sometime. I had them ship a gun to my house and it arrived home before we did! Good memories.
Air-It-Is
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2019 at 11:26am
Yes I have been to the Museum several times and enjoyed each visit.
I have not been there in several years due to our travel throughout the year and have not been close enough or had enough time to visit Rogers again.  Plus the wife is not really excited about visiting the Museum.  She does like the Antique stores in the area so I usually use that as a draw for her.
I became a life member of the Museum on my first visit and really want it to grow in the future.
I have many fond memories of my first Daisy and have willed my collection to the Museum when I am gone.  I would start now sending some of the collection to them however, they would not guarantee me they would not start selling what I give them as they said they could not keep all I have.  I just can not let my collection go to all different places when I still have it all in one place.  After I am gone the kids will not care about the collection anyway.
There is several from my collection in Gary Garbers encyclopedia so the Museum should be willing to keep some of those.  I just do not get to pick which ones they keep and sell the others.
I am still a big supporter of the Museum and I hope it continues to grow.
Rick in TX
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Rick Cates Rick Cates wrote:

Yes I have been to the Museum several times and enjoyed each visit.
I have not been there in several years due to our travel throughout the year and have not been close enough or had enough time to visit Rogers again.  Plus the wife is not really excited about visiting the Museum.  She does like the Antique stores in the area so I usually use that as a draw for her.
I became a life member of the Museum on my first visit and really want it to grow in the future.
I have many fond memories of my first Daisy and have willed my collection to the Museum when I am gone.  I would start now sending some of the collection to them however, they would not guarantee me they would not start selling what I give them as they said they could not keep all I have.  I just can not let my collection go to all different places when I still have it all in one place.  After I am gone the kids will not care about the collection anyway.
There is several from my collection in Gary Garbers encyclopedia so the Museum should be willing to keep some of those.  I just do not get to pick which ones they keep and sell the others.
I am still a big supporter of the Museum and I hope it continues to grow.
Rick in TX

Rick,

Thanks for your post, it reminds me that perhaps I should leave part or all of my collection to the museum. I think it is a good idea.

I already donated a nice item that is in the display cabinet at the museum, and I am happy to see it each time I visit the museum.
Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic