Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy 25 Trigger STUCK!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrikaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy 25 Trigger STUCK!!!
    Posted: May-06-2019 at 11:16am
While I am NOT an egotist OR an international expert on BB guns, I HAVE serviced/rebuilt many hundreds of them for our local Boy Scout Council.   I just now received my own Daisy 25 to learn its details, but during a BLANK shot to determine the trigger pull (5.2!), I then found the trigger to be totally locked up.  Safety re-sets:  no help.   Cocking attempts: no help.   Moderate thumps to the gun (sideways or from the butt onto carpet): no help.   I then started to take the whole gun apart:  fairly easy (left the SLIDE intact!), but the trigger assembly is still tightly held in place:  VERY tight!   ANY ideas, guys???      Thanks!            ---Barrika
Barrika
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 11:53am
Although I haven't had that problem with a model 25, I can relate to a similar situation with a Red Ryder. I assume you have a newer gun but maybe not BRAND new. Try using a little WD40 in the trigger assembly. Work the sear manually. Tap it lightly if necessary. Put a few drops in the area of the sear when it is both positions. Then try the trigger again. If the gun is used or internally dirty, some dirt or rust may be binding the trigger.

Just a thought, without being "hands on".
Air-It-Is
Barrikaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrikaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 1:20pm
Actually, the gun IS brand new.   Fresh from Amazon.com   And the trigger is a lot like the Daisy Buck 105 trigger, but different.   I had about 3 of those ~150 guns' triggers lock up HARD, and ended up pulling the trigger assembly out bit by bit.  NOT looking to do that on a brand NEW gun.  I guess I COULD ask Amazon to replace it, but they'd probably NOT do that if they heard that I'd "dry-shot" it.

Ouch  ---Barrika
Barrika
31boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 31boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 1:34pm
It could a broke Spring..
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 2:31pm
Dry firing a Daisy 25 isn't a problem. At least not ordinarily. Pretty good chance the anti bear trap linkage has somehow gotten bound up.
If the gun isn't stuck cocked, I would remove the stock then the trigger screw and see if the trigger module will come out intact. Don't force it causing it to break in the process. Once out, manually reset the sear, pull the trigger and watch for how it trips.

If you're not comfortable working on it, I would just send it back.
Barrikaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrikaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 4:54pm
Hey Cobalt!   Great to hear from you.   I've seen LOTs of your helpful notes on various sites.   Anyway, the gun is taken down now as far as it can go, w/o messing with the cocking arm.  That trigger is stuck still in that it won't fire and it WILL NOT COME OUT OF THE"RECEIVER".   Even with moderate force.  ANy hints?    I'm still waiting for Daisy to give me a schematic and parts listing for THIS model Daisy...

---Barrika
Barrika
FREEBIRD View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEBIRD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2019 at 5:33pm
I sent you an e-mail diagram for the old model 25, the problem with your new one would involve removing the trigger group. Probably better off returning it and have them defect it out if it is new.
Barrikaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barrikaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2019 at 12:02pm
Progress, of sorts!!    I finally gave up, started to re-assemble the gun to ship back for a swap-out, and THE TRIGGER ASSEMBLY FELL OUT!   I was VERY surprised.   Then it took me about an hour to properly reinstall it.  BTW:  it IS very similar to the Buck 105 trigger assembly, like I thought, except for just ONE square hook on the end, instead of the 6 notches along the "rail".    Anyway, I finally got it re-assembled.  Two good dry fires:  all fine.   Loaded in BBs:   2 good BB shots, THEN THE DARN COCKING SLIDE JAMMED in a half-cocked position.   I gave up:  sending it back...   Angry

Barrika
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2019 at 9:34pm
Sorry for the late reply, Barrika. You are making the right decision IMHO considering it has jammed up again but in a different way if I understand right. I'll attach the Daisy PDF (forgot can't do that here) but it might not show up large enough here. If you're a member at The High Road or Gateway to Airguns, give me a shout via PM and I'll send it to you, or email me at cobalt 327 at hot mail dot com and I'll email it back.

And thank you for the kind words, I appreciate it.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2019 at 9:42pm
Hi Barrikaa,

I don't have a dog in this fight, but my advice would be to send the new gun back and get an older model on eBay.  They shoot harder, look 100x better, and have stood the test of time.

I like the pre-1952 wooden furniture guns. 

Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic