Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from a new guy! Rebuild questions +

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thundermtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from a new guy! Rebuild questions +
    Posted: July-11-2019 at 11:28pm
Hello everyone. New to this place but not to shooting BB guns.

I needed to rebuild my Benjamin 397. So I got ahold of Tim at Mac1 for a kit and now I'm on some sort of rebuild or modify bender, lol.

I still have a 1894 from my childhood, I also had an amazingly accurate
Crosman 66 sadly used up and gone now, my brother had an 880. Over the last few years I've gotten new guns for my kids to learn with. A Buck 105, a new No. 25, and of course a Red Ryder.

After getting everything up and running I saw that the National BB gun championship was going to be pretty close and over the 4th of July holiday, so I loaded my kids in the car and we went to watch. We also went to the museum, had a great time and came back with a 499b from the Pro Shop at the competition, and my kids picked out a re-refurbished model 35, and re-furb RR to upgrade from the getting smaller 105. I love the 35, great trigger, super quiet, easy to pump, great sights.

However, after it's all said and done the RR is the most fun. My daughter's is really good shooting too so I got ahold of Daisy and ordered a metal lever for it and installed it tonight. It feels 100% better and she loved the upgrade.

Anyway I'll be back here a bunch for tips and help. I'm going to build a Cobalt uninspired RR, I have 11/64th air tube blanks coming and a buddy with a machine shop to mod stuff. I also have a 75 Scout I Craiglisted for $15, don't know what it needs yet but an oiling will be first I'm guessing.

Glad to be here and thanks in advance for the help.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 12:53am
Welcome aboard! My stockmaker Shane reminded me when he stopped by last Sunday that the BB gun championships were happening soon. He said there were quite a few young ladies competing and I thought that was outstanding- ladies generally tend to shoot very well in my opinion. I speak with Joe Murfin occasionally and often mentions visiting the museum, and by gosh one day I will before I'm done. 

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!
Thundermtn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thundermtn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 1:08am
Will do and thanks! Once my blank air tubes show up I'll be picking your brain on a couple things.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 1:19am
Looking forward to it!
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 6:24am
Hello Aaron and welcome here to DaisyTalk.  Sounds like you have started your children off right shooting Daisys and other BB guns.
Be Prepared
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 10:07am
Welcome aboard ! 
Ejwills.
Ejwills
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2019 at 9:13pm
Always nice to get a fresh brain in our trust , welcome .
Realshooter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic