Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 stuck trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 25 stuck trigger
    Posted: July-29-2019 at 12:12pm
Just picked up an older Daisy model 25 in really nice shape but the trigger was stuck. So I took it apart and discovered that the rivet holding the 2 pieces together was about twice as long as it should have been. Both ends were peened over but the rivet could slide back and forth and I guess was getting hung up on something possibly causing the trigger to not move. Has anyone seen a trigger like this? I'm surprised it left Daisy like that since they were assembled by hand. I plan on shortening it, peening the end and see if that was the issue.

zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2019 at 3:05pm
UPDATE

Went ahead and shortened the rivet and determined that it wasn't causing the problem. Think rather that the spring wasn't in exactly right in relation to the safety bar. Anyways it's all working properly now but am still curious if anyone else has had a trigger assembly with the longer rivet.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2019 at 10:00pm
I looked through my notes and the only trigger I found that looked anything like yours is from a 1915 Daisy No. 25. I only have the one view but it does look to have a longer than normal rivet, but not as long as yours.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic