Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Daisy Model 1999

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Daisy Model 1999
    Posted: August-13-2019 at 10:06am

Daisy has come out with a “new” gun, the model 1999. It looks similar to a 1938B with a large hoop lever (likely plastic), fiber optic front sight, no thong ring, and a plastic stock. But the best thing I read about it- and what I hope would become a feature across the board (not holding my breath)- is a rear sight adjustable for windage. This has long been a gripe of mine and it looks like it’s finally being addressed. Only took for-freaking-ever, but it seems that at least someone at Daisy is actually a shooter. The photo doesn't seem to show the way the windage adjustment is made, but my guess is that if the sight actually has windage, it probably uses the windage blade like the one used on various Daisy pellet/BB guns like the 880. That's just a guess on my part- so far I have found no real details, and the photos could well be pre production mock-ups and not actual production guns. 

This gun interests me because it will make a good starting point for a hotrod. Besides the windage adjustment I also like the fact there's no extra holes in the left side for the thong ring attachment. They’re already showing up on eBay, cost there is about $57 shipped from one seller.

This is how I used the 880 windage blade on one of my '38Bs:

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2019 at 7:33pm
Can't help but wonder how they're showing up on eBay when the Daisy site doesn't have them and even the 500 pound gorilla, WALMART, doesn't show them on the website.

Also, it makes me ponder if the RR's will soon be sporting a plastic stock.   Hmmmmm?
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 5:47am
Dunno, here's the listing... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-Large-Loop-Lever-Action-Camo-BB-Gun-Limited-Edition-991999/173995127423?hash=item2882eaf27f%3Ag%3A-UEAAOSwWZFdUeQS&LH_BIN=1

They'd be crazy to change the RR stock to plastic... again. But you never know, what with Gamo pulling the strings.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 8:49am
Saddle ring.
Gary
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 8:50am
I clicked on the link and only saw the camo type. From the pic you posted, the stocks look like painted versions of the wood ones..... flat sides, sharp routed edges etc.   Makes me also wonder if these are just customized versions of the pink 1998s. After all, cocking levers can be, and have been, made an changed. I did not see where these were stated to be original Daisy manufacture. Number 991999??

But then, Mrs. Airitis always tells me that I'm overly skeptical.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 2:13pm
I believe it's legit- dd you check the link in my OP that shows the 1999 being announced on the nra family dot org site? I'm still waiting for an answer from the seller about whether they have them in their possession for immediate shipment or not.

The stocks in the photos may be "doctored" 1938B RR or 1998 pink ryder stocks and/or photoshopped, done as pre production promo mock-ups of the model 1999. Common practice. I know the lone photo of the camo version does not have an adjustable rear sight. Again, probably a '38B dressed up as the 1999. Notice there are no photos showing the left side? Is this because the saddle ring attachment would show? My guess is yes. But in the lone photo, there looks to be a different profile to the area of the stock I outlined. Whether real, mocked-up or photoshopped, to me it indicates a different design than the current production guns.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 2:58pm
Just now got this from the seller:

"We have this item in stock and it will ship within two days of cleared payment."
huntnandfishn
99.8% positive feedback
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2019 at 3:35pm
Just got this from Daisy CS regarding a parts list for the 1999. Not surprising as the parts lists always come later than the gun's release, but at least they didn't say "What model 1999?" lol

Mark,

Thank you for reaching out to Daisy.  I do apologize as at this time we do not have those available yet. 

Thank you,

Consumer Service Representative
Daisy/GAMO/BSA/First Nature
479-636-1200
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 2:53pm
Naturally, since I'm the curious type, I went to REED'S website and found the model 991999. They say it is a Daisy limited edition. Both sides of the receiver are shown and no staple or ring is seen. The only mention of the rear sight is the word "adjustable". The stock and forearm are described as "molded".
All other specs are RRs.

REED's might be a test market retailer. (emphasis on the word "might") I like the camo but I think it would look good with front and rear pistol grips.

oh yeah, I've done that LOL      
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2019 at 3:38pm
Just now bought one. Expected arrival Tues, Aug 20.

Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic