Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 200 Two to Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 200 Two to Sale
    Posted: August-31-2019 at 9:51pm
Hello all , I have two of the model 200's I want to sale , one has the darker plastic grips and the other the lighter one's , one has had the 1200 piercing replacement mod and the other is stock , both mechanically work well and you can get a few shots off before the shuttle gets stuck and  all of the gas leaks out , both in good condition with just a few scratches , can send pic's , just not on here . 
Realshooter
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 10:13pm
Still have one Daisy model 200 left , it's the dark wood look plastic grip one with the 1200 piercing unit on it , it leaks gas after just a few shots and locks the shuttle up and doesn't come down until most of the gas has leaked out , nice shape other than that .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 9:31am
It looks like a nice example to me:

And as stated, this gun already has a hard-to-find model 1200 piercing cup installed. 

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 12:22pm
Hey , thanks Mark , I can never get pic's up here , hope you are loving yours my friend .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 1:14pm
I see no reason I can't fix the shuttle sticking part, and I have a 1200 cup w a new seal here ready to install. So if that's enough to get it up and running it'll be a keeper for sure. I just like the feel of it better than the 1200, and that the 200 is a semiauto seals the deal for me. Not taking anything away from the 1200- they rock- but the 200 just speaks to me.

I just finished smoothing the trigger on one of my 1200s- the trigger was just barely contacting the safety at a small point causing a tight spot just before it fired, was very distracting to me when I shot deliberately at targets. Not so much when 'shooting from the hip' so to speak. But I'm going to be selling my two 1200s if the CO2 200 pans out and I want them to be as close to perfect as possible before I sell them. I would prefer to see them go to someone here- they are both very nice, leak free guns that look practically new- so I'll list them here first when I'm ready to sell. 
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 2:27pm
I bet you will get it going , I 'll have to take another look at the few remaining 1200's I have , never gave the trigger much thought but nice that you have found something to tune on them and make them even better , you are right , a nice shooting 200 is hard to beat for sure , I had a 100 awhile back and it was like new but a leaker too so I had to get it out of the cabin LOL , just can't have guns that won't shoot right , nice that I sold it to a Daisy collector that new these guns inside and out , Cobalt is a great guy and you can't go wrong with him so y'all have no need for worry's buying from him .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 2:47pm
I appreciate that, Dan.

For the record, I think the triggers are usually very good on the 1200s, it was just this one that had a molding sprue that hadn't been properly trimmed that was causing the glitch. So don't be surprised if your guns' triggers feel fine.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 5:27pm
I got you , hopefully mine will be good ....may take me awhile to find them anyway .....yea I may have too many guns LOL ! . And you are welcome .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 7:24pm
Not to put too fine of a point on this, but the later model 1200s beginning around 1990 have three trigger springs- one is a return spring for the trigger, the other two are attached to the sear that the trigger bears against to fire the gun. One spring can be easily- and safely- removed from the sear to lighten the trigger pull. This makes it the same as the pre-1990 1200s. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic