Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Link to Daisy Schematics Has Gone Dead

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Link to Daisy Schematics Has Gone Dead
    Posted: September-03-2019 at 8:05pm
I tried to go to the extensive Daisy schematics at Grant the Kiwi's Air Gun Forum to answer a question here and found the link unresponsive.  

Here is the message I found there: 'grantthekiwisairgunforum' must be activated before you visit. Come back again soon!

This is a bummer.  That posting had page and pages of great Daisy schematics.

Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2019 at 11:07pm
I emailed Grant a week ago to see what was up w/the forum and to see if the Churchchrist shootings had affected him negatively because of his airgun involvement. I have heard nothing back from him and that's highly abnormal as he always emails me back in a day, two at the most.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 6:25am
Thanks for doing that, Cobalt.  Fingers crossed that you get a reply and that Grant is able to get this most useful forum of his back online.
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 3:38pm
I am very concerned. Hopefully he's just away on holiday or some such but this is totally out of character.
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 5:49pm
Same message, hope every things okay with Grant.

Ejwills.
Ejwills
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 9:07am
I found this link with more speculation, but no hard info, on the Gateway to Airguns forum.  It looks like Grant's site has been down since at least August 20.

Be Prepared
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2019 at 7:20am
Hi Cobalt, did you ever hear anything from Grant on the status of his site?
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2019 at 11:44am
Nothing. I'm going to email him again. Will report back when I hear something.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2019 at 8:05am
Sadly, it seems that Grant is gone for good.  I tried his link today just for kicks and got this message on a blank screen

"FORUM DISABLED!"

Then I got a screen with with ERROR 504 - Gateway time-out

Sad to see this.

Cobalt, did you ever hear from Grant?  Hopefully he has not been apprehended by the authorities for spreading information about weapons as dangerous as BB guns.

Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2019 at 11:00am
No, nothing. I am acquainted w/a few other kiwi airgunners, I'll see if anyone else there has heard anything. It's 3am there now so I probably won't hear anything for a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic