Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder Model 1938 - Not 1938 B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

Congrats on the score, gkenny.  That's a super price.  Hope the condition is equally as good.

Thank you BSAGuy. The condition is average. Regards, gkenny.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by stevec stevec wrote:

Good find. A lot of people need to take note that your post say's NO not MODEL. that makes a big difference in what rifle you are talking about. They are getting harder to find. We use to call the NO 1938 the reproduction Red Ryder. They were the first ones made after they stopped making the original Red Ryder
Stevec

Thank you Stevec, any thoughts on rarity or value in average condition? Regards, gkenny.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by gkenny gkenny wrote:

Yes cobalt327, that is the lever. Any idea of rarity or value in average condition? Regards, gkenny. 
In average shape I see them sell on ebay for an average of $40.00. But I have seen subpar No. 1938s go for $90. And I've seen decent examples sell for $30. Just no telling. If I was looking to sell I might put it out there for a BIN of $50 and have the option to Make Offer. But then I often underprice things.

Good luck.
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2019 at 8:05am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

Originally posted by gkenny gkenny wrote:

Yes cobalt327, that is the lever. Any idea of rarity or value in average condition? Regards, gkenny. 
In average shape I see them sell on ebay for an average of $40.00. But I have seen subpar No. 1938s go for $90. And I've seen decent examples sell for $30. Just no telling. If I was looking to sell I might put it out there for a BIN of $50 and have the option to Make Offer. But then I often underprice things.

Good luck.

Thank you again, Cobalt327. Regards, gkenny.
RRyder95 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRyder95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2019 at 10:12am
I think Colbalt nailed it on price. Comes down to Condition Condition Condition and who needs it for their collection. Can't beat your price. I'll give you $8.00. Big smile
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2019 at 5:28pm
Even ones in bad shape would be worth buying if cheap enough just for the shot tube
Stevec
the fuse View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the fuse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2019 at 10:31pm
I have had several No. 1938's. They were mostly beaters. Only one was in nice condition. I think that most of the 1938's were loved and therefore played with a lot. My thought is that a No. 1938 in 90% cond. would be worth $100 or better. There just are not that many left in good cond. and if you collect RR's you definately want one of those. 
BTW Cobalt, I'm sure I remember one of them had the logo on the left side. Same cheesy 1970's finish and pressed logo but on the left. 
All I'm for is the liberty of the individual.
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 11:21am

Great find gkenny

I think these are under appreciated compared to the current offerings of 1938B's. I was lucky enough to find a couple nice ones with the original boxes and a carded one still shrink wrapped. Since they were only made from 1972-1979, real nice ones are getting harder to find. I have a few "shooters" that I enjoy almost every day.

Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by the fuse the fuse wrote:

I have had several No. 1938's. They were mostly beaters. Only one was in nice condition. I think that most of the 1938's were loved and therefore played with a lot. My thought is that a No. 1938 in 90% cond. would be worth $100 or better. There just are not that many left in good cond. and if you collect RR's you definately want one of those. 
BTW Cobalt, I'm sure I remember one of them had the logo on the left side. Same cheesy 1970's finish and pressed logo but on the left. 

As a matter of fact, I'm using a 1938 with the logo on the left for my "Ralphie" Christmas Story lookalike. i think they are great renditions. I've even kicked around the idea of taking a 1938B and trying to make it look more like it's predicessor. Has anyone tried to make a front sight band? I thought maybe a 1/2" wide piece of sheetmetal formed around the barrel and magazine tube.
Air-It-Is
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2019 at 2:58pm
Mark, Just checked my "inventory". I have 4 (well actually 5 since one is right now on e-bay). One has the logo on the left side...others on right. All have the smooth lever and look almost identical. They all have REg numbers starting with K. Is the left side logo the newest? All are in really nice condition.
The one I have listed is repainted but the wood is especially nice. If it doesn't sell I'm going to do some "switching" of stocks.

Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic