Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 107 Buck Jones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 107 Buck Jones
    Posted: October-07-2019 at 4:15pm
Hi,

I have received several posts here in answer to my request for getting this 107 back in order, but I don't have any actual instructions, only photos which got me this far.

I now have the new air tube in place on the plunger and spring assembly, I have the plunger assembly inserted into the gun with the leather washers and air tube in the air tube in proper place and showing through the opening towards the shot tube.

What do I do next? When I slip in the pumping slide, there is no place to attach it to the plunger assembly in order to pump the spring back. What should be the position of the plunger assembly? If I put it in the way it seems to go, the angle will not meet the trigger. And what holds the spring assembly from just sliding backwards towards the trigger and out of the gun? There is no spring block as on a Red Ryder and most other Daisys?

How does the trigger spring go in?

I hope someone here has worked on this gun and can give me the steps necessary to complete it.

Thank you very much, I apologize for my lack of the skill required. Regards, gkenny.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 8:07pm
I know nothing about these, but I have read on the trigger spring that you compress it and tie it with some dental floss in it's compressed state.  You insert it into the gun, get it properly oriented, and cut the floss to get it seated.

That is the sum total of my Buck Jones knowledge.

Good luck. 
Be Prepared
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2019 at 6:44am
Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

I know nothing about these, but I have read on the trigger spring that you compress it and tie it with some dental floss in it's compressed state.  You insert it into the gun, get it properly oriented, and cut the floss to get it seated.

That is the sum total of my Buck Jones knowledge.

Good luck. 

Thank you BSAGuy, I appreciate your help! I'll take it one piece at a time if I have to.

Regards, gkenny.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic