Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Model 107 Buck Jones {Again!}

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Model 107 Buck Jones {Again!}
    Posted: October-10-2019 at 8:19pm
Hi, please accept my aggravating persistence even in the face of all your help on this subject, but I still don't have a working gun as yet!

I think I have figured everything out, with your help, of course, but one part still escapes my understanding and here it is!

What stops the plunger assembly, including the air tube, from sliding out of position, when you pump it back, because there is no SPRING ANCOR as there is on almost every other Daisy that I know of!

Who out there has put a Buck Jones together and is kind enough to answer this one for me?

This will be my last post for this one, I will just have to lay the gun aside for now. Thank you very much for your patience, regards, gkenny.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2019 at 9:17pm
I wish I could help because I know how frustrating a Daisy puzzle can be.  Your struggles remind me of what Winston Churchill said about Russia - that is is "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma."

Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2019 at 9:32pm
It looks like the trigger screw could block the end of the plunger casing. There isn't much in the gun that could keep the plunger in position besides the trigger assembly/screw that I can see from what photos I have seen. That would be too easy/obvious though.

Are there any wear marks on the plunger casing that would indicate where it was bearing against something? Any holes or notches, etc. that look like they are something that would be used to secure it? 
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2019 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by BSAGuy BSAGuy wrote:

I wish I could help because I know how frustrating a Daisy puzzle can be.  Your struggles remind me of what Winston Churchill said about Russia - that is is "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma."

I great man was Churchill, thanks for reminding us!

Regards, gkenny. 
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

It looks like the trigger screw could block the end of the plunger casing. There isn't much in the gun that could keep the plunger in position besides the trigger assembly/screw that I can see from what photos I have seen. That would be too easy/obvious though.

Are there any wear marks on the plunger casing that would indicate where it was bearing against something? Any holes or notches, etc. that look like they are something that would be used to secure it? 

Cobalt327, I think you hit it!!! there is a place at the back end of the plunger assembly where the trigger screw would stop the plunger assembly from sliding out of position!!! 

The problem now is that the rear portion of the plunger comes past that spot about 1/16 of an inch. I am trying to compress the three leather washers that surround the air tube to allow it to all fit.

Then I have to see about using string to compress the trigger spring.

Thank you very much for solving this problem for me, you will never know how much it means to have this out of my way!

Regards, gkenny.
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2019 at 10:54pm
M , you came through again , nice to have another 107 out there killing cans again ! , I had one I sold awhile back that was a very hard hitter but man it was a challenge to cock it , pretty sure someone got in there and did some modding , these are right under the model 25's in my favorite lists , thanks for the 200 information too , will tune it up soon I hope , take care .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2019 at 1:17am
gkenny, I think we're all glad for you- everybody has had something like this frustrate them and it's no fun!

That the thickness of the leather has a bearing on how the plunger assembly fits into this gun is- at least as far as I know- unique among Daisy BB guns. And this is an important point to be considered by anyone renewing the seals on a leather seal model 107, so thanks for pointing that out- you very well may have saved 107 gun owners a lot of time and trouble by making this known!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2019 at 1:20am
Dannop2, good luck on your CO2 200 journey- I think you'll do fine!
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2019 at 10:02am
thanks 
Realshooter
gkenny View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gkenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2019 at 7:57pm
[QUOTE=cobalt327]gkenny, I think we're all glad for you- everybody has had something like this frustrate them and it's no fun!

That the thickness of the leather has a bearing on how the plunger assembly fits into this gun is- at least as far as I know- unique among Daisy BB guns. And this is an important point to be considered by anyone renewing the seals on a leather seal model 107, so thanks for pointing that out- you very well may have saved 107 gun owners a lot of time and trouble by making this known!
[/QUOTE

Thank you Cobalt327, I hope there are some things that I can help with, especially considering all of the help I receive from this forum!

Regards, gkenny.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic