FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder 80th Anniv MYSTERY !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2019 at 12:35pm
Nice detective work , glad you flushed out the culprit.
Ejwills
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2019 at 9:08am
Hmmm. If I were the skeptical type:

Imagine a seller who wanted outrageous prices. Imagine nobody was buying. A seller could "invent" a buyer for a group of items, increasing demand and adding legitimacy for future offerings.

NAW! That would never happen.
Air-It-Is
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2019 at 12:46pm
Like Barnum said ...one born every day LOL , hey you tried Mark .
Realshooter
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 12:01am
I had not noticed that. Kind of relieved in a way- at least there's not a lot of folks being duped into buying these fake bogus ripoffs.
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2019 at 10:28am

Not to beat a dead horse but I noticed that the same person bought a regular 80th Anniversary for $99, #1 for $400 and #26 for $185 from this seller. Guess no one else wanted them that badly.
dokie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2019 at 12:04pm
Stacks of 80th anniv. at Walmart. 24.97. i bought 2.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2019 at 4:44pm
A great lesson for being in touch with knowledgeable people. This is a great place to establish those kind of contacts.
Gary
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Humplik Humplik wrote:

I think this is a play on words because Daisy did say they only made 1000. So technically it is 1 of a 1000, not #1 of production. Some people do not do research on guns before they buy them.
The following is an email sent by me to Daisy Outdoors Customer Service. I deal with these folks routinely. They know what's up.
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

"I am writing today in hopes that you can clear up what seems to be a disagreement as to whether there is, or is not a limited edition run of numbered (1 to 1,000) 80th Anniversary Daisy Red Ryders. There have been guns appearing on eBay that claim to be these so-called limited edition guns but the sellers have thus far been unable to produce any photos of the forearm area showing the numbers, and the Daisy Museum has said there are no such guns, to the best of their knowledge.

Can you deny or confirm the existence of such a gun?

Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Regards, Mark"

Their reply:

Quote Customer Service, Daisy <info@daisy.com>
Mon 11/4/2019 9:37 AM

Mark,

Thank you for contacting Daisy. I can assure you that 25,000 model 1938B’s 80th anniversary gun were made and we did not put such number on any of the stock or forearms. They were a Walmart exclusive only. I would not purchase anything from eBay as we have seen those guns being modified to their own liking.

Thank you,

Daisy Outdoor Products/ Gamo/ BSA/ First Nature/ Winchester

Consumer Services

479-636-1200

AFAIC no play on words, it was- and IS- a scam, period. Just like Marv alluded to in the OP of this thread, I might add.
Humplik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humplik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 1:29pm
I think this is a play on words because Daisy did say they only made 1000. So technically it is 1 of a 1000, not #1 of production. Some people do not do research on guns before they buy them.
Humplik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humplik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 1:23pm
Unfortunately you can buy a laser for $300 dollars and add numbers to the forearm. I would just take it as a scam if Daisy Museum stated they are not numbered. I have 3 and no numbers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic