Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder 80th Anniv MYSTERY !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 4:02pm
Could it be there was a special run done by Daisy. People tend to get the museum mixed up with Daisy manufacturing.Did he ever send any pictures. I remember something like this with the 50th Ann rifle. There were two different types.
Stevec
mbrooks401 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrooks401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2019 at 4:25pm
May well have been.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 9:50am
I too am confused.  the same ebay seller said he would send pictures if I wanted them.  I said ok,  send me pictures,  still waiting.  I also talked to Daisy outdoor products and they said 25000 were made for Walmart and some for the museum.  as I understand it,  the museum did not order these.  I am still working on this.  I think someone is undermining the work that the museum does and that is not ok with me.  
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 6:45pm
Some more "interesting" info.
The e-bay seller who promised to send pics of his numbered guns...has other 80th Anniversary guns also for sale. (Oh..and by the way...still waiting for the pics !)
Item 254404870936   $575 for #1
Item 254404791454   $99
Item 254402540206    $71 for #21
All 3 items are identical, and probably all used the same pics.
In an e-mail he told me he has #1,#13 and #27, and then in another he said he has #1, #17, and #25
Go figure ????????

Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 9:03pm
I just asked him: "Can I see the etching/engraving of the "1 of 1000", please?" 

His reply (cut and paste from ebay): 
"We are currently out of town on a business trip until Tuesday evening. Unfortunately i wont have an opportunity to take adfitional photos until then. Im not certain exactly when this auction ends. Hopefully there is still time. We do have offers locally for this gun so its unclear if this will be relisted if it doesnt sell before Tuesday. We do also have #17 and #25 as well that will be posted for sale when we get back too. The engraving is on the other side of the forearm and is in similar size as the other engravings seen on the opposite side of the forearm. Ill contact u tuesday if not too late. This gun is a once in a lifetime opportunity and could sell at any moment. Wish you luck"

sheep-dog-tactical

ETA- I just noticed they updated the description with: "We will update photos later to show 1/1000 engraving."

Also just saw the 25/1000 gun has two bids, it's at $76.

If I was asking that much for a gun (the 1/1000 gun), I'd have shown the number of the gun as well as the gun itself in much better detail than the photos that are with the listings now. The last photo is a stock photo pulled of the 'net. 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2019 at 9:50pm
Another reply from the seller:

"I just looked and this auction will end Nov 6th at 3:00 am MST. I will be able to send the photos before the auction closes giving you enough time to make a bid. I dont want you to miss this very rare opportunity to own such an amazing piece." (Bold mine.)
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 7:32am
Something smells very fishy here, doesn't it?
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 10:36am
TBH, I don't know what to make of it. There are a lot of choices: Could be legit. As I said earlier, Daisy has done this type of thing before- so there is precedence. Stevec also mentioned this. Could be the seller got took and doesn't know it. Or he does know it and is desperately hoping to unload before ebay catches wind that it's a scam. Or he perpetrated the whole scam. Or none of these things (enter best guess here)- take your pick! haha 

But the seller IS bordering on the hard sell with all the "once in a lifetime opportunity and could sell at any moment" and "rare opportunity to own such an amazing piece" hyperbole.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 11:50am
When something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

If this were legit, the seller would be able to post pics and want to to handle legitimate questions.
Be Prepared
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 1:19pm

Just ordered one from Walmart for $24.47.  The Daisy Museum site says  Note: There is no officially licensed or Daisy-created numbered edition of this gun.  Only Walmart and this museum have acquired this gun from Daisy and none of them have a serial number of 0001 to 1000 of 1000 engraved on them. 

Can't wait to get it and see what number it is (or could be).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic