Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder 80th Anniv MYSTERY !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrooks401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 4:03pm
I just left the museum and they confirmed as of now there are no official numbered 80th red ryders. I also learned that sometime in 2020 there will be a special limited and numbered edition but at present there is no official numbered version. Buy at your own risk.
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 7:22pm
Just now received this from the "other" seller ?????

New message from: chefwilcox (48)

We were lucky enough to receive several of these rare models that included the highly coveted number engravings into the forearm
This one in particular is #13. We use the same images for all models thus reason number isn't shown. It is however present on the forearm and does include the Red rider scabbard that was only offered with these 1_1000 models. Lots of misinformed employees at Daisy.. Can't imagine reson why a company would not recommend buying one of their own products.. But then its not up to me to tell them how to run their business.. Good luck to you.

Marv, NW OH
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2019 at 8:25pm
I just email Daisy Outdoors customer service. 

I am writing today in hopes that you can clear up what seems to be a disagreement as to whether there is, or is not a limited edition run of numbered (1 to 1,000) 80th Anniversary Daisy Red Ryders. There have been guns appearing on eBay that claim to be these so-called limited edition guns but the sellers have thus far been unable to produce any photos of the forearm area showing the numbers, and the Daisy Museum has said there are no such guns, to the best of their knowledge.

Can you deny or confirm the existence of such a gun?

Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Regards, Mark

I will post their reply.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2019 at 9:13am
All the posts I have read here make it clear in my mind that these alleged limited edition guns are a chimera.
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by cobalt327 cobalt327 wrote:

I just email Daisy Outdoors customer service. 

I am writing today in hopes that you can clear up what seems to be a disagreement as to whether there is, or is not a limited edition run of numbered (1 to 1,000) 80th Anniversary Daisy Red Ryders. There have been guns appearing on eBay that claim to be these so-called limited edition guns but the sellers have thus far been unable to produce any photos of the forearm area showing the numbers, and the Daisy Museum has said there are no such guns, to the best of their knowledge.

Can you deny or confirm the existence of such a gun?

Thank you for your time and assistance with this.

Regards, Mark

I will post their reply.
Customer Service, Daisy <info@daisy.com>
Mon 11/4/2019 9:37 AM

Mark,

Thank you for contacting Daisy. I can assure you that 25,000 model 1938B’s 80th anniversary gun were made and we did not put such number on any of the stock or forearms. They were a Walmart exclusive only. I would not purchase anything from eBay as we have seen those guns being modified to their own liking.

Thank you,

Daisy Outdoor Products/ Gamo/ BSA/ First Nature/ Winchester

Consumer Services

479-636-1200

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 10:23am
I asked sheep dog tactical: 
"Another question if I may, did you buy this gun yourself directly from the Daisy Museum or from another seller? I do not want to know who, just if it came to you directly from the Museum or not.

Thank you again, Mark"

The reply:
All, including this one are new in box from distribution center. Seems youll find several other people that have gotten others of the 1000 and are also listed here on ebay. Most are numbers 17+ of the 1000 but are also priced similarly and are in locations all of the united states. The 1000 also came with a red scabbard too which is amazing. Its to my understanding that these were accidentally put into market. You wouldnt believe how many people i had to speak to finally get an answer out of them. Regardless, this is a very unique piece sure to please any true Daisy collector. Good luck.
(bold mine)
END OF REPLY

No idea what this "distribution center" is but they didn't say "museum" or Walmart, etc. so no idea where they came from. Regardless, I'm satisfied the guns are bogus. But now I wonder whether these two sellers who are touting "x of 1000" guns are behind the scam or were duped themselves.

zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 2:52pm

I'm still waiting to see a picture of the engraving. I noticed in the sold listing of the #25 of 1000 that nowhere in the description does it mention 25 of 1000. Only in the title.
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 4:37pm
Just now received an e-mail from sheep tog tactical...
See item # 254404870936
I magnified the printing....???? is it authentic????
Marv, NW OH
mbrooks401 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbrooks401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 5:42pm
It is authentic to someone but not Daisy. If you study the number photo you can see very small dots in the bottom of the numbers/characters. When you look at the original Daisy work you can see there are no dots plus you can see the imperfections of the wood through the letters unlike the work added by someone else. As confirmed by both Daisy Outdoors and Museum staff buyer beware...
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 7:11pm
Interesting...compare the "0" in Daisy's printing to the 0 in the questionable numbering.
Marv, NW OH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic