Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Winchester/Daisy M14

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winchester/Daisy M14
    Posted: October-31-2019 at 8:52pm
Does Daisy still sell the Winchester M14 air rifle? I see the occasional retailer has it for sale.

If not, why did it stop selling it? Does it ever plan to start selling it again?
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2019 at 10:53pm
Anyone know anything?
Know anyone who is still selling new ones?

Thanks
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 8:44am
Looks like all the retailers are out of stock.
Just keep your eyes out for a left over some place.

Daisy probably quit making them because they did not sell very well.

Gary
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 5:13pm
Does this M14 have anything to do with the M14 the Army used to use
Stece
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2019 at 11:41pm
I think it was a replica of the Army M14 rifle that was the standard US military rifle from the late 1950 to the mid 1960's. It replaced the M1 Garand and was replaced by the M16. Was last US "battle rifle". Replaced by the M16 assault rifle. Still in limited use by US military.

See:

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2019 at 12:43pm
I had two , sold one last year , they are good shooters and look nice , people complained about the light plastic stock not looking right , it is light for sure but many didn't know that the " real " M14 came in a fiberglass and wood stock so the color and all is dead on , half our squad had the " ugly " glass stocks and the other the wood one's of which mine was , I really liked mine so I had to get these when they came out , you can find them with do diligence and they are nice , just don't get caught up with the whole too much use of plastic or you will not be impressed , I bought a few of the M4 style break barrels and CO2 models too and they are really nice and heavy , next on my list is the new M1 Carbine too .
Realshooter
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2019 at 1:21pm
I have a new Air Venturi M1 Carbine, with wood stock. Great gun, nice shooter. Very accurate (for a smooth barrel BB gun). Installed a real M1 Carbine sling (with oiler) on it, to add to the realism.

Wanted a M14 to add to the collection. Just a little worried, as it wasn't produced for very long. Were there issues with it? Why did Daisy stop making it? I think it was sold around same time as the Winchester MP4, which I heard had some issues.

Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2019 at 10:19pm
No issues other than the M14 having too much plastic for some folks ...I get it , never heard anything bad about the M4 one , I suppose if you used pointed pellets and they slid forward you could get a jam - which would be the case for any gun using a cylinder which would be most of them and if you were silly enough to leave your CO2 in for too long , again it is the same for any gas gun too , they never hit as hard as advertised for sure as most of us use lead pellets out of rifled barrels and the FPS drop is major from steel BB's which you can shoot in these as well ...not me !! , someone said a wood air soft stock will fit on the Daisy / Winchester rifle but I haven't tried it as again the stock color and all is correct for Vietnam era rifles anyway , hope this is of some hep .
Realshooter
Dannop2 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannop2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2019 at 10:24pm
Looks like American Airgunners still has some if you " need " one LOL .
Realshooter
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2019 at 8:59am
Well, I have one and really like the looks, with the understanding that it is a look-alike not a hard use replica. I was a bad boy and left the 2 co2 caplets in for too long. I ordered a new seating part and corrected my folly!   The gun hits hard when the gas is new but, as you can imagine, the power wanes with each shot. I do like the fact that it uses either BBs or pellets and they are interchangeable. The sights are adjustable (within reason) but don't expect super accuracy.

It's a nice addition to my collection but for accuracy and power I prefer my break barrels. I kept the original box and paperwork just in case it ever became a "scarce collectable".   
Air-It-Is
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic