Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DAISY KING NO. 25 STRAIGHT STOCK INFO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAISY KING NO. 25 STRAIGHT STOCK INFO
    Posted: December-01-2019 at 7:20pm
Recently the Daisy King site went down and with it a lot of good info was lost. The following is a cobbled together reproduction of the Straight Stock page. Photos were blatantly taken from the interweb, including but not limited to the blog at PA. I have inserted as many of the missing photos as I could find for now (the Wayback Machine doesn't archive photos), so some photos are still missing. If anyone has any of them, contact me and I'll include them.

BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2019 at 6:05am
Thanks for posting this valuable dope, Cobalt. 
Be Prepared
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2019 at 5:36pm
Happy to do it but I just wish the text was easier to read. The forum software limits how large a photo can be- and the document is in essence a very long photo.

Nothing I do helps. If anyone has a workaround, I'd like to hear it.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2019 at 9:56pm

I don’t know how to correct the picture size on this forum, but if anybody wants to see the full size image, this worked for me.

I right-clicked on Cobalt’s image, chose Copy, then pasted it to my computer’s desktop as a photo.

I clicked it open in my default photo editor. It showed up as a 2-inch wide un-readable image. But to my surprise, when I expanded the strip with my photo editor ‘size’ tool, it sprang to full page size in crystal clarity. I only had to scroll around the image to see the whole of it.  Maybe this will work for you.

Thanks to Cobalt for posting the original image.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2019 at 12:37pm
'Slinger, thanks for the tip- I tried it and it works fine, plus it can be easily saved to the computer.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2019 at 3:51pm
Glad it worked for you. In your photo-post you mentioned you needed a picture of a "1914 V1 showing screw in the LH of receiver". There is a great picture of that screw in Gary Garber's book on page 100, showing both versions (screw vs rivet) in the same photo.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2019 at 11:09pm
Okay, thanks. Maybe someone can take a photo of it.

ETA, got your message, waiting for permission before using photo- thanks again!
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2019 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Gumslinger Gumslinger wrote:

Glad it worked for you. In your photo-post you mentioned you needed a picture of a "1914 V1 showing screw in the LH of receiver". There is a great picture of that screw in Gary Garber's book on page 100, showing both versions (screw vs rivet) in the same photo.
I spoke to Gary, turns out he doesn't own that photo. So while he commiserates with out plight, he can't grant permission for me to use it. But thanks just the same, your efforts are appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic