FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mint 1983 Christmas Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mint 1983 Christmas Dream
    Posted: December-28-2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by OK Ken OK Ken wrote:

Okay, let's back up a bit.

This rifle was made by Daisy for the Christmas Story 2 movie, not the first Christmas Story movie.

They were never used as props as there was a dispute between the movie people and Daisy.

Yes I have documentation, and the rifle was purchased from Daisy.

Serial number, per old tired eyes, 17201153872Q  Not sure that this is a traditional Daisy serial number or not.

This is the best of my recollection of the story on the rifles, and it would take me some time to get my documentation that is in storage.

I am sorry for any confusion I created,  and I posted because I find these rifles interesting, and thought some here would also find them interesting.

All the best!
The gun was made in August 2011. That meshes well with the CS2 movie's date of 2012. 

Thanks for showing it and telling the story of how they came to be.
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2019 at 12:22pm
Gumslinger,

No problem, was fun snapping a few pictures and posting.

Well, will put the rifle back in it's box and back in the closet it goes. I have considered putting the rifle on display in my "work" room with my other Daisy Red Ryders, but there is no room left for more Red Ryders.

Happy new year to all!!!

Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2019 at 11:05am
Apologies for not reading all the pages beforehand. Thanks for all the posted information. Now I have a a new (for me) movie to look up & watch.
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2019 at 10:14am
Okay, let's back up a bit.

This rifle was made by Daisy for the Christmas Story 2 movie, not the first Christmas Story movie.

They were never used as props as there was a dispute between the movie people and Daisy.

Yes I have documentation, and the rifle was purchased from Daisy.

Serial number, per old tired eyes, 17201153872Q  Not sure that this is a traditional Daisy serial number or not.

This is the best of my recollection of the story on the rifles, and it would take me some time to get my documentation that is in storage.

I am sorry for any confusion I created,  and I posted because I find these rifles interesting, and thought some here would also find them interesting.

All the best!

Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2019 at 9:35am
The movie was released for the Christmas season in 1983. The movie props were probably already built in 1982 or 1983 in anticipation for filming, so the numbers should (if built with then current guns) reflect that time range.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2019 at 9:00am

Airitis,

I am guessing that these were made to only last through filming of the movie, and to be seen at a distance that would require little detail. The end part to me more resembles a model 25 shot tube end then it does a Red Ryder.

Also, I have never cocked the rifle and I can't say that it even fires, but it appears it would cock even if it can't shoot a BB.

I find this Red Ryder interesting, and I was very happy to have been able to acquire it.

I know a fellow who salivates over authentic movie props. As I understand it, there are exclusive groups who collect and even sometimes copy them for fun and profit. You have a real find there. Do you have documentation attaching it to the production, even if not put on camera? This may be "display case" material!!
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2019 at 5:25am
Easiest way is to post the number. You can omit the last few digits if you're concerned about posting the whole number. Or decipher the number using the info here: http://forum.daisymuseum.com/how-to-tell-when-my-gun-was-made-reg-lot-no-code_topic8040.html
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2019 at 10:33pm
The Red Ryder is a Rogers gun with a dot matrix serial number. Not sure how that compares to the date of the movie which came out I think in 2012.

Do you know of an easy way to run the serial number for date of manufacture?

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2019 at 9:13pm

Here is an interesting variation of a Christmas Dream. *SNIP*
Ken, does the Lot No. jibe with the date when the movie was made?
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-27-2019 at 7:16pm

Airitis,

I am guessing that these were made to only last through filming of the movie, and to be seen at a distance that would require little detail. The end part to me more resembles a model 25 shot tube end then it does a Red Ryder.

Also, I have never cocked the rifle and I can't say that it even fires, but it appears it would cock even if it can't shoot a BB.

I find this Red Ryder interesting, and I was very happy to have been able to acquire it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic