Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Variant Daisy No. 111, Model 40

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Variant Daisy No. 111, Model 40
    Posted: December-15-2019 at 2:02pm
I wish I knew how to post pics but I haven't quite learned how. Here's a link where hopefully you can take a look at her; https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/americanvintageairguns/viewtopic.php?f=405945&t=8828&p=56488#p56488
Favorite guns; Daisy's, Benji's & Sheridan's
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 5:06pm
That set up looks REALLY nice. Is it yours
Stevec
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 5:41pm
That a beauty !

Ejwills.
Ejwills
Yng@hrt View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 6:25pm
Thank you for the kind words & yes I'm happy to say she is mine. I've been looking for one for quite some time.  

The gun is in great condition. The lever is tight & smooth & she shoots strong. Which doesn't surprise me given the care she's had. The box is just as nice. Unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice. The graphics are much brighter than what shows up in the pic. Pretty neat considering she's 80 years old.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 6:29pm
That's a looker! 

bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 6:39pm
I have two of these Red Ryder guns

One is original and one restored

I do not have the boxes.

LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Yng@hrt View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 6:58pm
Thanks Mark. Something told me you'd come through with the pics.

I have a question about the fastener above the saddle ring. It has a internal tooth lock washer, so I looked at other photos best I could & it appears to be factory. Is this true? I guess I found it odd that Daisy would risk marring up the face. 
Yng@hrt View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by bangpla bangpla wrote:

I have two of these Red Ryder guns

One is original and one restored

I do not have the boxes.

That's great! They're neat little guns. Love that adjustable rear sight.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Yng@hrt Yng@hrt wrote:

Thanks Mark. Something told me you'd come through with the pics.

I have a question about the fastener above the saddle ring. It has a internal tooth lock washer, so I looked at other photos best I could & it appears to be factory. Is this true? I guess I found it odd that Daisy would risk marring up the face. 

I've come across many older Daisy's with those star washers. Some have more than one but I believe they are factory. Why the varying amount? Best I can figure, if someone was "tinkering" with their gun and lost the washers, they just put it back together without it and hoped nothing came loose. I've even seen the tell-tale marks from where the washers used to be. So, yes, they can mar the finish a little.
Air-It-Is
Yng@hrt View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yng@hrt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-15-2019 at 8:58pm
Thanks Airitis. BTW, I am pretty sure the stock fastener is missing a flat washer. I can see where (maybe) there was one previously. If anyone has an old one they can spare, please let me know.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic