Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Bell Target NO. 77-B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Bell Target NO. 77-B
    Posted: January-08-2020 at 1:55pm
I just received a Daisy Bell Target NO. 77-B NIB that I recently purchased.  The box, bell target and target cards are in absolute MINT condition.  Actually, it looks like the day it was produced at the Daisy plant in Plymouth, MI.  INCREDIBLE!

Obviously, I know that since the box has Plymouth, MI on it, it was produced pre 1958.  I also know that the bell target came in target outfits such as the Daisy Gun-N-Scope Target Outfit and the No. 325 2-Way Target Outfit with Convertible Pump Gun (1950-1952).  However, my question is does anyone know the exact dates/years the Daisy Bell Target NO. 77-B was manufactured?

I thought that I might add that I am looking for the No 325 2-Way Target Outfit (BOX ONLY) if someone has one in great condition they would be willing to part with.  

I am also beginning to sell off my collection.  I am starting with commemorative rifles that are NIB.  My email is on my member site if you are looking for something I may have.  Have a Great Day! 

Thanks!

Steve    Star   
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 5:30pm
There are some fake bell targets out there that are mint. I brought one a long time ago as they were sold as original and found out later they were reproductions. I think there was something about them not having a pat. number or something like that on them. They sure looked original. Guy on ebay sold about a case of the for about 90.00 a piece. The box ,target's and and bell looked like they were just made but looked so original
Stevec
OK Ken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OK Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 8:01pm
I bought a couple of the fakes on Ebay many years ago. Seller would not refund and was scum. I knew they were too nice when I opened the package.

I actually sent one to Daisy for them to verify and yep, they are poor copies.

Nice thing is they made good targets.

Iceman, I hope yours is the real deal.
Friend of the Daisy Museum #353

Being a kid with a Daisy-priceless
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 8:28pm
It's interesting to hear there are some fake bell targets out there. I have both of those sets that included the bell target and I can share some info.  The Gun-n-Scope set has the last variation RR and is essentially unused. The bell target has a black finish and says:
DAISY MFG. CO.
PLYMOUTH, MICH.
MADE IN U.S.A.
PAT. 1,886,562

The other set, The 2 Way Target Outfit, is in the same condition but I believe the gun has been "embellished".  The bell target in that one came in it's own box but I don't think that is correct because being in the box does not allow the set's box to close completely. That one is marked the same but has a blued metal finish.

I'm pretty sure neither of these are fakes.
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 10:38pm
Well, as the old saying goes, if its too good to be true it probably is.  Mine does not have the patent number on it.  Therefore, it certainly is taking on the appearance of a reproduction.  I am typically a very cautious person and the possibility of it being a reproduction just did not occur to me.  Perhaps I am getting to that age where I need to exercise even more caution.  However, in all my years of collecting, I have not come across nor heard of a reproduction issue for this item.  Anyway, I must say it is a good reproduction/box for display.  My bad!  I just paid for another life lesson!!!!

Unhappy

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 10:55pm
I don't know if it's worth your time but you can open a "snad" (significantly not as described) case w/ebay. ebay caters much more to buyers than sellers so you stand a good chance of prevailing.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by zipper28 zipper28 wrote:

It's interesting to hear there are some fake bell targets out there. I have both of those sets that included the bell target and I can share some info.  The Gun-n-Scope set has the last variation RR and is essentially unused. The bell target has a black finish and says:
DAISY MFG. CO.
PLYMOUTH, MICH.
MADE IN U.S.A.
PAT. 1,886,562

The other set, The 2 Way Target Outfit, is in the same condition but I believe the gun has been "embellished".  The bell target in that one came in it's own box but I don't think that is correct because being in the box does not allow the set's box to close completely. That one is marked the same but has a blued metal finish.

I'm pretty sure neither of these are fakes.
Where are the markings located at on the target?

What can you say about this one from ebay?

zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2020 at 11:38pm
Here is a picture of one of mine. My guess for the one you showed is that it was not made by Daisy.

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 12:05am
That's kind of what I thought, thanks for the photo.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-09-2020 at 9:09am
My first BB gun, am 80 Long Rifle came with a bell ringer target and canteen.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic