Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Early Daisy model 25

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Early Daisy model 25
    Posted: February-08-2020 at 4:13am
I’ve owned a very early Daisy model 25 for over 25 years.  Looking at photos of different model 25 Daisy rifles it appears to be in 100 year old range.   A few days ago I ordered a repair kit from EBay that included the main spring, two rubber seals, foam washer and a metal tube about 3 inches long.  I started the process of taking the gun apart and replacing the parts that came from EBay.  All seemed well until I replaced the spring housing with the pump action attached.  I appears that the seal that I placed in the barrel (the single piece of rubber) installed with a piece of dowel rod is to thick.  
My question is did buy a kit for a more modern model 25s making the kit I used not correct for my gun. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks Terry
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2020 at 2:18pm
Terry, the current model 25 seals synthetic seals will not work in the older model 25 that has leather seals.

Pat
T Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2020 at 4:44pm
Thanks, now I know.  Do you know where I can get  the correct seals for my model 25.  
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2020 at 9:06pm
Terry, send me your email and I will forward the parts suppliers I obtained from Daisy Outdoor products.  My email is on my profile.  Their is also a listing on eBay, copy & past in your browser.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daisy-13-16-Leather-Pump-Seals-25-101-33-102-36-108-39-155-King-2236-BB-Gun/112633367116?hash=item1a3978ca4c:g:ZxsAAOSw4CFYnfrn
Pat
T Bone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Bone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2020 at 11:08pm
My email is malloryterry@yahoo.com.   Thank you so much, I appreciate your help.  Terry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic