Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

some nice Daisy's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nealbone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some nice Daisy's
    Posted: March-07-2020 at 4:41pm
3/21 i seen some nice guns going up for auction here.                             https://www.auctionzip.com/auction-catalog/WINTER-TOY-DISCOVERY-AUCTION_FXP5BY3GO6/

Bone!
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2020 at 9:06pm
Those are some nice Daisys for sure.  I also had fun scrolling through all the other toys to get to the guns.  Thanks for the link.
Be Prepared
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2020 at 11:43pm
No, no there isn't.  There's nothing to see there.  Don't waste your time.  Wink Big smile

There are definitely a couple in there that I'd be tempted to bid on.  I probably won't, and I sure imagine the values will climb *significantly* before this long running auction is over.  But it is fun to dream.
JackH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 8:46am
Hey Guys,

Did that auction and acquired 6 Daisy's in 4 pkgs.
They are in the mail as we speak.
This is my first auction & cost me plenty.
Had several on the list and dropped out on the least expensive Mod. #21
because of later offerings. Dropped out on the 1942 defender for the same reason. 
Regret both that big time now.
Got that 1894 in gold with the Mod. 25 same lot.
Just received the DAISY AIR GUN COLLECTOR'S GUIDE yesterday from the Museum and
DAISY Air Rifles and BB Guns (The first 100 yrs) Amazon in same mail.

What I now know:
the 1894 has the wrong barrel, not octagonal a bb hit on it & the wrong box.
Auction describes:   Model 25 in Very Good condition with original box, along with a Model 1894 Spittin' Image gun that is Excellent. Largest is 37"

Got a couple of nice Daisy's from this forum few weeks ago, thanks again Steve.
you wouldn't believe me anyway
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 9:38am
Is your DAISY AIRGUN COLLECTOR'S GUIDE from 2015? If they have an updated version, I'd like to order one.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by JackH JackH wrote:

*SNIP*
What I now know:
the 1894 has the wrong barrel, not octagonal a bb hit on it & the wrong box.
Auction describes:   Model 25 in Very Good condition with original box, along with a Model 1894 Spittin' Image gun that is Excellent. Largest is 37"
*SNIP*
Is there any recourse open to you to get an adjustment of some sort? As bad as ebay can be, at least there the buyer can open a "not as described" case against a seller who misrepresents an item- and the buyer wins the vast majority of the time.

It's good to hear most of what you got there was okay, and also that you were treated fairly here. Good bunch of folks, for sure!
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 1:38pm
I was fortunate to win the Gun-n-Scope Target Outfit from that auction.  I have not received it yet.  However, it appeared to me as one of the nicest and complete sets that I have seen since I have been collecting.  Hope it meets my expectations!!

Star

Steve
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 3:56pm
I got the collection of 3 Red Ryders...just now got an email from UPS that they will be delivered tomorrow. 

I was watching all the above guns, but....No I wasn't bidding against you...too rich for me...I stick with the Red Ryders.  
Marv, NW OH
JackH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 3:45pm
GENTLEMEN.......I STAND CORRECTED (1894 came in exactly as described "EXCELLENT")

It is a Sears issue 799 with inscription Replica of Centennial 

I personally think the box is excellent, and the contents are better than that. Slight loss of paint due to the saddle ring traveling (that's it period).

The auction site hid the receiver where the hammer takes out the right side cast from excessive use.
The photos on their site no matter how I magnified the images could not reflect the octagon barrel that it came with.  Got suspecious  with the BB hit on the barrel that turned out to be a weld mark on both sides. 
The auction site packed the 6 rifles better than I could have done myself all in the same box.  Thank you verrry much, had close to a grand in total.

I got the 1894 early 60's when they came out. Ended wrapping it up on a wall that summer ? in East L.A. My buddy Ronnie did some work for me on my mini bike and when I sold it we both got Daisy's.  He got a Mod #25 I got something to rack against a wall. His 25 hit hard, the double cock 1894 could not match his consistant level of performance as mine dwindled.

Picked up a really nice conditioned Plymouth Mod #25 dtd Nov. 29 1955 with the new sight. Came with the zither Plymouth box
I'll shut up now.........
JackH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2020 at 4:00pm
Hello Iceman,

I was all over that sighted weapon you got.  Last internet bid before auction made me hesitate.
The start of the sight alone next to it got me all excited on the low start of yours excuse me (youns).

Watched that ebay 104 stall at $3100, glad to see I'm not the only one possessed out there.......  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic