FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Shotgun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Shotgun
    Posted: April-03-2020 at 7:39pm
If you copy the url and paste it into your url bar on your browser, it should open. Does for me at least.
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2020 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BurghDude BurghDude wrote:

Found the old post:

http://forum.daisymuseum.com/a-tale-of-two-21s_topic7210_post25190.html?KW=Tale+of+two+21#25190

I can't open it.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2020 at 9:57am
Originally posted by JackH JackH wrote:

Gentlemen,

I looked at this real hard and found suspicious finish with it for me.
In the last few days great examples are bringing $3100 or nearly
in ebay.

That is the older original wood stocked 104.
Still seems like a LOT of money for one.
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2020 at 5:50pm
Nice gins, Vincent.  Thanks for the link.
Be Prepared
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2020 at 5:39pm
Found the old post:

http://forum.daisymuseum.com/a-tale-of-two-21s_topic7210_post25190.html?KW=Tale+of+two+21#25190
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2020 at 4:33pm
I have two, and can say thought they're a handful, they are fun. The first one I got was a beauty! Shot well too! But, the frame cracked, as it turned out they were prone to do. The early ones had a low sidewall on the handle side of the main joint. The later ones have a higher wall, and apparently stood up to use better.

The second one I found had been stripped and primed before the po lost interest. So, it was a great one with which to play. If it cracked, it wasn't a valuable gun being lost. Of course it has lasted well. ;)

If anyone is curious, I can post pictures of the two again (did a long time ago). And I'm sure I would sell either of them for far less than these folks are asking.

Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2020 at 9:31am
It's interesting how time changes things.   In the early 50's, all I wanted to do was play with my Red Ryder and wouldn't have taken one of those for free and never gave them a second thought. Fast forward to now and they look pretty.      
JackH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2020 at 3:38pm
Gentlemen,

I looked at this real hard and found suspicious finish with it for me.
In the last few days great examples are bringing $3100 or nearly
in ebay.

you wouldn't believe me anyway
RD Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RD Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2020 at 7:06am
You can ask any price you wish, look for the prices that something actually sold for.
RD Davis
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2020 at 7:53pm
Asking price does not always = selling price.  I would guess that seller is hoping that a person will come along who values his childhood memories more than he values $3,600. 
Be Prepared
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic