Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modern Chinese WM model 25 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modern Chinese WM model 25 question
    Posted: March-20-2020 at 10:46am
I'm just wondering if someone has a diagram of the Chinese model 25 receiver with what looks like a plastic trigger.

I don't need info on the old (normal) model 25s.

If you can't post it on the site, please email it to me. My email address is with the avatar information

Thank you in advance for any and all replies.
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 10:28am
Thank you Gunslinger for emailing me the diagram that I was looking for.

Now I have another question.   Has anyone on the site ever removed the trigger assembly (No. 40) from one of these, and are there any tricks that I should know about.    
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 7:15pm
Hi Jay, these are my notes from disassembling the receiver of a new No.25.

In my case I was doing a complete tear-down, so I removed the barrel first--you may not have to do the same. But here goes:

Pull the barrel out and away from the receiver.

--Remove the take-down screw (remove its 10mm nut first, found on new models).

--Now back out and remove this screw.

--New models only: remove tiny Philips head screw in left hand side of  receiver.

Pull the barrel free.

My trigger assembly would not come out initially when I removed the rear stock. I did not see any screws holding it in place. While jiggling the receiver around with the barrel out, the trigger assembly “fell out” on its own. I will have to see how the safety bar actually interacts with the plunger assembly when re-assembled (not done). I suppose the safety bar was hung up in the receiver but freed itself while I was turning it over and around. Maybe you can see the situation when you open yours up. Let us know how it goes. (Don't lose your screws!).Wink

Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 8:52pm
Jay
    That picture nice and clear.   
The air rifle in question has a trigger that gets stuck most of the time. From what I see, with the barrel and stock removed, there is only one screw holding the trigger assembly in the receiver.
     I'll b very careful not to lose the screws.
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 9:01pm
There are some "trigger happy" members on this forum, so I will defer to them as how you need to proceed. Keep us posted.
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 8:00am
Gumslinger
   Update.....Last night I removed the barrel and stock and started to really stared at things. The long piece on the trigger assembly (Someone please tell me what that's called) in your picture was tightly stuck upward. I used some coat hanger wire and made a hook and freed it up and sprayed some oil on it.
    Everything is back in place and it's working. Now I need another project
while we are sheltering in place like most of the nation.
Jay     
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 8:05am
I believe it's part of the anti bear trap mechanism, isn't it? (The 25 is not my forte!)
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 1:36pm

I believe the modern trigger assembly’s long extension is part of the evolution of what Daisy called the “Safe Bar”. This was to prevent the gun from firing prematurely in the cocking motion. I think the lever-action guns had a similar arrangement. In the case of the older 25’s the safe bar was mounted on a rivet which allowed it to rock up and down (pivot). It was held down by the trigger spring in the rear. I have not explored the operation of this at the front end, but the pictures will give you an idea how it worked. Does this extension rock up and down in your loose trigger?

Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2020 at 3:27pm
There are guys on this site that are a whole lot more knowledgeable than me.   This is just my limited knowledge opinion.

On the modern (China 25s), I think that another use for the safety bar is to keep the cocking arm from slipping off the contact point of the plunger after the rifle is cocked.

Gumslinger thanks for the great pictures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic