Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Defender

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DannyDoughboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Defender
    Posted: May-14-2020 at 2:34pm
Wondering if someone would be able to help me out! I believe my childhood Daisy was a "Defender" model. It had a plastic stock, and forearm, with combination peep/V sites! Lever action, and the stock I remember had a circular emblem embedded. The forearm stock had a curve, and it was a very powerful/accurate BB gun! This gun, along with many more valuable items I owned came up missing the year I served in Vietnam. The gun itself was a bit longer than the rest of my friends BB guns! I would say this model I owned was made maybe in the mid 50's. I would really like to purchase one just like it, in the absolute best shape that I could get. If anyone has any idea on how to find one, please inform me. Thank you. DAN
daisyaddiction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daisyaddiction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2020 at 4:45pm
Hi. I dont think any of the defenders had a plastic stock but could be wrong . I'm sure some of the Daisy Gurus will chime in and help you .
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2020 at 4:59pm
Dan,

This is very interesting, as your story fits one like mine. I got a Daisy 
Defender Model 142 for Christmas in 1952, and the last time I saw 
my gun was in 1967 before I went to Vietnam and it was in my parents 
home at the time. When I returned home it was missing and my parents 
had relocated and moved out of state. I thought my parents had given it
away to a neighbor boyhood friend, but no one really knew, thinking it was
stolen from the house.

I searched for a few years and ended up with 4 of these gun, but have sold  
all but one which is really good condition, complete with a web sling as original.

I can text or email a picture of my gun so you can look and see if this is the gun 
you once owned. 

This model is very hard to find and rare as well.

Contact me at
702-250-1937

or email at tatankatoo@aol.com 
 Louie LeMaster
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
bangpla View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bangpla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2020 at 5:36pm

Daisy made two Defenders, the Model 141 and 142, both had plastic stocks and forearm.
The Daisy Defender Model 141 was a 50 shot force-feed and had a web sling 1951-1953.

The Daisy Defender Model 142 was a 1000 shot gravity feed with a web sling 1953-1954.

I have owned several of these gus in he past, now only have the 142 which was like my
original gun.

Both of these guns came with the green web slings, and plastic stocks & forearms. 
LOUIE LeMASTER U S ARMY VIETNAM VETERAN 66-68
DAISY MUSEUM LIFETIME MEMBER # 40
tatankatoo@aol.com
text or call 702-250-1937
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2020 at 5:38pm
The Models 141 and 142 were the "Defenders" during the Korean War era.  The differences between the two models are that the Model 141 receiver and barrel were blued and the 142 was painted.  They both had the plastic stocks/forearms.  They both had the same type of green/webbed sling.  I sold my collection of Defenders ie Model 40 with original sling and bayonet, Model 140 and Model 141.  However, I kept the Model 142 as I preferred it over the Model 141 and I wanted to keep a Defender rifle at that time.  You are correct in that they are hard shooters and accurate.  If you have an interest in my Model 142, you may contact me.  My email is on my profile page.

Star

Steve
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 9:18am
In addition to the Defender 141 and 142 when Daisy switched to the 142 they had a lot of pre stamped frames. They marked out the 141 and stamped the new 142 number on them.
Gary
BSAGuy View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BSAGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 9:43am
This is an interesting thread.  Thanks, Louie, Steve, and Gary for sharing some interesting Defender knowledge.  Thanks to both Louie and Dan for your service.
Be Prepared
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 11:43am

These Korean war Defenders are almost identical except for the shot tubes and metal finish. They are hard shooters probably better that the Red Ryder. Most of the ones I have seen have had the forearm come off the front attaching point. Seems like Daisy erred a little in making this part. You can push the front into the hook more but then the screw hole doesn't line up. I just add a drop of thick glue in there and it seems to work.

Here are two of mine.

BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2020 at 2:07pm
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2020 at 9:01pm
Daisy made 3 Defenders. 140,141, and 142
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic