Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Buy & Sell
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jim Hickey custom 1894, stock by Shane Bruce

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jim Hickey custom 1894, stock by Shane Bruce
    Posted: May-29-2020 at 8:09pm
Hello!

I was asked to copy over some photos from the ebay listing for this gun, as it is not something you see every day!  The listing is # 264746074651 , if you want to see more.

And, last time I wrote to Shane about stocks for the 1894, he said he wasn't doing any more.  Maybe he changed his mind, but that's the last info I have.. maybe 6 months old.   

Enjoy!

Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 8:36pm
That is absolutely beautiful
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 9:13pm
That's a gorgeous gun, no doubt!
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 9:40pm
Fitting that is is a gold gun reminiscent of the golden age of gunsmithing! 
Iceman View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2020 at 10:39pm
That certainly is a beautiful gun.  The stock/forearm reminds me of the Tiger Maple that Daisy used on their 120th Anniversary 1938B model.  The 120th Daisy is my favorite commemorative model.

Star 
Steve
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 10:40am
Really upgrades the looks of the gun.
Thanks for posting the pictures
Gary
BB1Shooter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 6:06pm
Really nice upgrade of a Daisy/Sears 1894.

Did anyone find out if Shane, or anyone else is still making wood stocks for these 1894's.

Or if any airgun part suppliers have any factory wood stock for the 1995 + earlier Daisy 1894's? Was one supplier that had them a couple of years ago (JG) but is now out of stock. Anyone else still have them in stock?

cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 6:53pm
I know Shane said he's "still not inclined to do another one".
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 8:36pm
How about if anyone has new Daisy factory wood stocks available for sale?

I bought one from JG a few years ago, when they still had some for sale. But they are now sold out.

Anyone else have still have them in stock?

If I recall, they were a lot less expensive than a custom job.

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2020 at 8:43pm
BTW, I have my repairer refinishing one of my Sears (crafted by Daisy) 1894 Golden Boys, with a wood stock I got from JG. Took a bit of work for him to get the gold foregrip cup to fit the wood foregrip. He also repainted some parts and I got a new factory octagon barrel for it.

Hope to have it back and shooting soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic