Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two more Daisy double barrel BB Guns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB1Shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two more Daisy double barrel BB Guns
    Posted: June-23-2020 at 6:06pm
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 9:17pm
If those are selling for that kind of cash I need to sell mine.
I would take less than the list price for the 104 for both my 104 and 21.
Mine would be considered cheap with a two for one price.
Crazy prices.
I may need to sell.
Rick Cates
Canyon, TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 11:33pm
    They certainly are pretty. Never thought that I would ever see them selling for that kind of money.   
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2020 at 9:17am
There is a difference between asking and selling.
Checking sold prices to bidders with lots of purchases (not shill bidders) will give you a better idea of the market.
Will be interesting to see if these sell.
Gary
zipper28 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2020 at 10:10am

It's true you can ask whatever you want for something plus you can only sell it once so good luck to those sellers. I would guess they would be happy with half of what they are asking. Now if it was a minty, original example.... Will other models explode in value like the 140 Defender or No. 108 Model 39 Lone Scout?

Anyways I've always wondered why these double barrel models have the shot tubes marked L and R. Does it really matter that much which position they go in? Will my Model 25 shoot that much different with different shot tubes? I guess they can get bent or tweaked.
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2020 at 11:46am
I've wondered the same thing. What's a little odd is not all of the double guns' shot tubes were marked L & R. I believe that is seen more on the earlier guns. Who knows, maybe someone had the job of selecting shot tubes that were more accurate in each barrel.
BurghDude View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BurghDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 2:33pm
I believe it deals with knowing the relative zero of each tube. Those tubes are virtually never straight. I think just welding them introduces a little banana shape. And they're all a little different.

So say you figure out your left barrel hits a little over the bead, and your right barrel hits a little under the bead. No markings means you aren't sure which you're putting where it they're out at the same time. At least if they're marked, you have a better idea what to expect.

I took it a little further, and bought a handful of barrels when we still could. The I found two with about the same bend. If you shoot them one at a time with a known gun, unscrewing them an eighth of a turn between shots, you can find the angle and amount of deflection. I picked the closest pair, and figured out how much to unscrew them from fully seated so they'd hit the same spot at a given range. So my barrels wound up having a L, and R, and a pointer line pointing down. That made for some mighty fun shooting.

Did you ever have a 25 that always shot left? That's not usually a sight issue, the banana shape of the barrel is throwing the shot that way. If you unscrew the barrel about a quarter turn, the banana shape should now be throwing the bb up a little, but right in line with the sight. Now do this with two barrels.
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 9:31pm
You know, I have been wondering about that shot tube shape. I see where 'relative zero' can come to play with the tube rotation. I am curious about the 'weld' situation. If I eyeball the bore of a shiny shot tube, it looks straight, but I notice both the 'bottle cap' style and the No.25 style seem to have tilted or out-of-square caps (more often than not) relative to the bore. Is this the weld point to which you refer?
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2020 at 1:42pm
Wasn't the L/R marking on the shot tubes only on the 104, not the 21?
Gary

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic