Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken abutment weld 1894

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stl3105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken abutment weld 1894
    Posted: June-25-2020 at 10:17pm
I was just inform by a repair shop that my daisy 1894 has a broken abutment weld and can’t be repaired. Does anyone know how to repair. I receive this 1894 on my 8th birthday in 1963. It has meaning
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2020 at 5:27pm
I remember a guy named Hugh that would repair them by cutting a small piece of metal to fit around area and used JB weld to hold in place. That man could work miracle's on 1894s. Sad to say he is long gone
Stevec
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2020 at 7:36pm
Hello and welcome to the forum,  I repair the broken bushing or I can show you how to do it if your a welder or have a friend that can weld.  Has anything been done to you gun or was it reassembled and sent back to you?  I have a repair system that I do on broken welds on the barrel bushings that works as good or better than new.  You can e-mail me and I will tell you how to fix it or if you want me to do it for you I will.  When this happens it makes the barrel completely worthless with the welds broken loose and the barrel gets destroy by repeated firing and it rolls the barrel forward with the feed bushing assembly being slammed against the barrel.  I will post the complete repair in pictures here for other people with the same issues.  
Dennis    den4570@yahoo.com
Keep On Plinking
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2020 at 8:21pm
This is a sequence of pictures to show the repair on an 1894 barrel bushing with broken spot welds.  notice the bushing is pushed forward and the paint in the slots that hold the forearm on shows a clean spot.  The clean spot shows how far forward the bushing has moved after the spot welds are broken, this is critical in relocating the bushing for repairs.  All of the repairs are hidden under forearm stock and will not be seen.  This repair has been very successful and has not failed after shooting 100's of BB's through the gun.  The plunger slams against the feed bushing assembly and that is held in place by the barrel bushing.  All this damage is done by shooting bb's that are not coming out of the barrel with good velocity, meaning that the abutment seal is stuck to the plunger seal and are hard as a rock with no cushioning.  By repeating this over and over thinking more oil will make the gun start to shoot better, but that's not the case.  It will eventually cause the spot welds to break loose and push the barrel bushing forward and now the only thing stopping the force of the plunger is the barrel itself and will cause it to roll forward.
Keep On Plinking
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic