Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

108-39 Repair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 108-39 Repair
    Posted: August-11-2020 at 3:00pm
Hey Gang, first post. My nephew and I were shooting my old 108-39 and it stopped shooting, that is to say, it seemed to cock and fire normally, but nothing comes out of the barrel. Took it out and the clip-on centering piece had come off. Snapped it back on, reinstalled the barrel, still nothing comes out.

My Google-Fu fails me because I cannot find a schematic or disassembly/repair instructions anywhere, thought this might be the best place to ask. Can someone direct me to instructions or offer any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Grendl
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2020 at 5:43pm
Grendi, copy this and put it in your browser. It has information on many daisy along with service manuals.  Your Daisy 108-39 has a plunger with a air tube that probably broke loose from the plunger head and come out through the shot tube. The air tube is held in place and is soldered into the plunger head.
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/grantthekiwisairgunforum/dave-albert-daisy-resource-t3831-s40.html
Pat
Grendl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2020 at 8:46pm
Thanks Pat, I found the schematic right where you said I would :-)  I didn't find anything on getting the plunger out. I've taken it apart as far as I can, but might be stymied now by rivets that seem hold parts inside the receiver.

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2020 at 11:02pm
Go to section 4 of the 59 posts.  Look for Daisy Service Manual for Daisy Lever Action, Gravity Feed, Model 102, 111, 95, etc..  The only difference is the plunger head.   
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2020 at 7:02am
You will need to make a "spring fork" tool to compress the spring so the spring anchor can be removed. The photo shows a couple of them.

Grendl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2020 at 7:40pm
Thanks all. I'm making my spring fork and found that page in the service manual. Am I going to need to fabricate a new air tube/plunger head or can parts from other guns be made to fit? 
Grendl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 1:32pm
Thanks again for all the guidance gang. I made my spring fork tool and got the spring out. It has a nasty crack. 

And as @39hunter suggested, the air tube seems to be missing. 

Unfortunately, in trying to figure out how the plunger head comes apart, the leather and felt parts have completely crumbled away. AND, I haven't figured out how to get them apart for fear of messing them up further.

So a few more questions:
1. I haven't seen anything about replacing felt. Do folks use leather now or have I overlooked this?
2. How would one get the leather and/or felt onto the old plunger head?
3. Does anyone have a good source for a new main spring and plunger head w/ air tube and leather/felt washers? 
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2020 at 2:50am
I have a used leather piston/air tube assembly and a new spring for your 108-39. If you're interested, email me at cobalt327 at hotmail.com

My old 108-39 spring broke in almost same the place as yours!
Grendl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grendl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2020 at 12:04pm
Thanks everyone! Got a new spring and replacement plunger head assembly from Cobalt and she's shooting harder now than she has in 40 or so years :-)  

Is there a simple way to oil the 108-39 without pulling the stock and how often should she be oiled? I don't see any oil holes.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2020 at 10:36am
A few drops down the barrel (no BB's in gun) and let it set muzzle up overnight.
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic