Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Model 110 JR Air Force Rocket Command Air Rifle
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 110 JR Air Force Rocket Command Air Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 110 JR Air Force Rocket Command Air Rifle
    Posted: September-22-2020 at 5:53pm
Hi All Hands:  I have been off line for several years.  About two weeks ago I began gathering up all of the appropriate documentation that one accumulates over many years that pertain to Wills, Power(s) of Attorney, Health Care Proxy(s),Insurance, Real Estate, Financial Matters, Birth & Marriage Certificates, etc. and today we finalized things with our Funeral Director, paid for whatever it was that we all agreed to> Typed up "Table of Contents" and 7 pages listing everything from Memberships, Health Care,Subscriptions
Personnel Resources, ie., attorney, financail advisor, Pastor, etc., you get the ideaWink.  So now I can go out and play again.  I was working 5 hrs a day, 5 days a week, and going to the gym every other day for a 2 hour workout, but COVID19 came along, was laid off 27Mar20(what ta thrill to get unemployment with that $600 bonus). Now it is down to the state sponsored $300 a week but only for 6 weeks, which has expired.Fall is here, so do not have to water the lawn anymore, but still arise early and do the 4 mile walk. Oh, I am in excellent health, BP 120/75; pulse 54, glucose a bit high, etc, only meds that I take is simvastatin 20mgfor chloreserol, and at age 85 (almost) am good for another decade.  Now it's time for Daisy Talk.
Several years ago I sold most of my 250 air guns (rifles and pistols), and all the accessories one picks up over a decade, retained about a half dozen specimens, and YES, I have regrets about selling all of the real special rarities; however, on 12Sep20 I received the subject "rare vintage Model 110 Junior Air Force Rocket Command air rifle.  It shoots a bit weak so I have some oil awaiting to do its work to expand that felt thing-a-ma-jing so as to increase air velocity.  Anyway, I am looking for a stock decal; if I can find one of those specimens on-line, I can do a photo thing and make one that would make me content.  This piece must have been a floor model or returned after sale, because it is really beautiful, with a slight curve in the butt stock. I can not remember if these came with a sling, if so, the sling retainer is missing; does anyone remember?

Semper Fi
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 12:26am

Wilfred   Glad you are doing so well.. BP is good and better than mine at 72... 
Anyway here is parts list for the 110 and it appears it did have a sling..  
Be well
Rick

Aim Straight
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 4:36am
I can't help with the sling, but it's mighty good to see you're well and back posting here!
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 8:41am
Hey wilford, good to hear from you again.   According to a description I found, the sling was red in color.   Maybe the sling retainer is attached to the missing sling?
Air-It-Is
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2020 at 12:42pm
Wilfred, nice to hear from you.  Yes it had a red sling.  You sound great for your age, doing good.   Welcome back.
Keep On Plinking
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2020 at 10:13am
Wilfred, glad all is well !

Ejwills.
Ejwills
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 9:59am
Have seen several slings that were made up and the guys used red cloth dye and they looked very good.

Several years ago, I think it was Lloyd Milby ,  made up some very good stock decals for the Rocket.

I could be wrong, I suffer from CRS in my advanced years.

Try elsiemilby@gmail.com
Wes Powers
Canuck1958 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 4:30pm
Glad to see you back Will. Been a while for sure.
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 11:46am
Hello All Hands:  Geez, thank you for such a warm welcome back!!  The Daisy connection has always been a welcoming and warm experience, I hope to be returning to Daisy Talk on a regular basis soon.  Have finally finished the gathering of documents, etc., etc.,  in one place, and "final arrangements" with the local undertaker.  Oh, I am in excellent health, my wife in good health, but working on gathering up so much necessary information was a drag, especially the documentation that the Government requires, but at last, now we can go party!!  And focus some time on the Daisy hobby, which has diminished for me considerably but still has a strong draw.

Now, the oil treatment worked; fortunately I forgot about it for a week or two, and the oil did its job and that little rascal responds up to expectations.  I shed most of my spare parts when I sold off my collection, however, I noteced som plastic containers tucked away and will go through them looking for the sling swivel.  Am currently pursuing a clear photograph of the stock emblem; thought I has set some aside that I had fabricated but will continue looking.  Right now I am attempting to sqare away my office  and it is beginnin to look like one.

Really, I was nice to be the receipient of such a warm welcome back.  Sincerely, thank you.

Semper Fi
willielumplump View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willielumplump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2020 at 11:47am
Good to see you, Wizzer!!
Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic