Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wal Mart Red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 9:46am
I just placed an order and they're saying it'll come tmorrow with free shipping- but no in store pickup. Seems odd, but what do I know.

I wonder if I could order one here, and successfully replace my shipping address with someone elses's address who has been turned down? If anyone wants to try this, email me your shipping address and we'll see what happens.

Anyone else notice the photo shows a saddle ring staple that's flat steel instead of plastic? That was last used on Red Ryders about 2001.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 10:00am
I also thought I saw the sundial and compass on the right side, unlike the museum issues.
Air-It-Is
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 10:58am
Folks, I just tried entering an OH shipping address from here in GA, and it's a no go. It was a long shot, but what the heck, it was worth a try.
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2020 at 4:58pm
I have noticed on ebay that someone is already cashing in and selling one for $115.00.He is throwing in a Red Ryder starter kit,but that only costs him $10.00 extra.The gun does have a very cool retro box with "A Christmas Wish" printed on it though...Let's see.He gave $28.60 for the gun and $10.00 for the starter kit.So add a little tax to that and he has maybe $41.50 in the whole package.So he's making a good 65% profit...Capitalism at work my fellow unlucky friends and these are fresh off the boat from China....But I was talking to a manager at my local Walmart and he was saying that he wouldn't be surprised if these were part of the Black Friday sales that will be coming up...That if a whole case or 2 of these guns weren't shipped to the store that they would probably have a limited few of these inside the regular Red Ryder displays that they always have for Black Friday.Kind of like a hidden treasure extra for customers to hunt down and find.That's if there are any actual physical Black Friday sales.Maybe us "have nots" will get a little luck thrown our way for the holiday seasons...Like little Ralphie with his gun....He thought he wasn't gonna get one then bam,the old man came through.
toolspp@yahoo.com View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toolspp@yahoo.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2020 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Scottie Scottie wrote:

I have recently seen on the Wal Mart website a new Red Ryder being offered.It is called the Daisy Red Ryder Christmas Wish.It has the compass and sundial in the stock.It is just like the Christmas Dreams that are offered every 5 years through the Daisy Museum.Only difference is it isn't numbered and there is no engraving on the gun other than the sundial on one side and the Red Ryder mural on the other.The best part is it only costs $28.70....The question I have is this a Wal Mart exclusive?.I've looked all over the internet and can't find any info on it.I've looked here and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it on here,unless I missed the post.But when I try to order online from Wal Mart they say that it cannot be shipped to my zipcode.But that's funny as my local Wal Mart still sells bb guns in the store.I've put in various zip codes from different states and it does the same thing.Does anyone have any info on this gun and how to get it?
...I have try 3 Times to Order from wamart and All 3 times never got Shipment they have to many 3rd party sellers....
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2020 at 2:30pm
    I received my Walmart Christmas Wish Red Ryder, not a bad looking gun for $29.00.   The box is nice and colorful and perfect for a Christmas Gift.  There is a small plastic pick or punch that came with it, does anybody know what this is used for?  I didn't see anything in the manual about it.  Maybe its for poking your eye out without actually using the gun.  Nice compass and the sun dial has the hole drilled for a match so you know when to come home for supper.

Keep On Plinking
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2020 at 3:03pm
That little plastic pick is the style for the sundial.Yes...that gun does look nice.Better than I anticipated.Is the lever aluminum?It looks like it but it's hard to tell.I haven't given up hope yet as I might be able to get my hands on one of these blue steel beauties....Just have to keep my fingers crossed.
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2020 at 4:12pm
Plastic pick is your per say match
Stevec
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2020 at 10:36pm
Dennis looks pretty nice for the price.  And it does not have any of that silly laser writing on it.
I guess you were glad you moved to Arizona, otherwise I would believe California is not on the ship list!!!  LOL
Aim Straight
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2020 at 8:08am
      Jackdog your right they probably are on the no ship list. The last time I bought BB’s there they wanted to see a drivers license. Hey guys thanks for the heads up on the sundial pin, I never even thought of that but it works perfectly. I looked at it and thought it was some kind of tool for the gun but didn’t even think of the sundial, duh.
Keep On Plinking
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic