Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wal Mart Red Ryder

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2020 at 5:58pm
One of the local WMs had a boat load of them so I indulged. The gun and retro box are what you might expect but the gold painted forearm band and metal lever are not featured on the box.   I had to open it up just to be sure.   

Merry Christmas to me!
Air-It-Is
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2020 at 6:51pm
Good news.These guns are now in Ohio at Walmart stores in the big jumbo Red Ryder display.And for $25.74....Remember,they were online for $28.60.So almost $3.00 cheaper.And Ohio was one of the states that they wouldn't ship to....So finally I get to lay my hands on one of these cold steel beauties....The gun itself is much better than I thought it would be....Aluminum lever....That's $5.00-$7.00 right there.Nice colored wood finish...Remember some of the 1938B Red Ryder wood finishes from around 2000-2010?....They looked like they were dragged through the mud for the wood stain color....Not this one....This has a good finish to it.....Plus a real working sundial.And a style for the sundial.(I think only one of the Christmas Dreams had a hole for the sundial.And it wasn't slanted..Plus you didn't get a style to use with it.)....The original 1983-1984 Christmas Story Red Ryders had a slanted hole if I remember...Plus a rather good looking compass.And a real metal saddle ring loop instead of that plastic one they used on previous 1938Bs..Plus the cool retro box to wrap it all up in..This is a very good deal and because they are now available to everybody no one should have to buy one from ebay.They are now going anywhere from $60.00-$115.00 on ebay....So tell your neighbors,tell your friends to get'em while they can at Walmart.Put the 1%ers out of business....Now I can rest at night knowing that I finally got one of these babies,just like Ralphie did.
jed niederer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed niederer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2020 at 7:01pm
I picked up the Christmas Wish today at Wal Mart, Porter, TX. The cocking lever is metal and the forearm band is gold. Got it for $24.75 plus tax. The imprint of the Sundial and Compass are on the side of the original Daisy. Original 1940's Daisy RR had the Red Ryder on the left and Daisy switched sides later on in the 60s. The Sundial imprint could be a little deeper but not a big deal. Nice Christmas box. The wood finish is the satin orange/brown. I think I'll Tung Oil it to brighten it up.
Jed Niederer
stevec View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2020 at 5:21pm
I think the Red Ryders switched sides in the 70s
Stevec
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2020 at 11:29pm
Yeah, it was during 1975 on the No. 1938 Red Ryder Carbine. They started the year still on the LH side, then before the year was out they began using RH logo stocks. 
MarvMar View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarvMar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2020 at 10:00am
Interesting ????
Wal-Mart Black Friday Sales ??? !!!!
Christmas Wish was available at the local Wal-Mart a few weeks ago for $24.75
Today they are listed at $69.99 !!!! (but, free delivery !!!!)
Marv, NW OH
jed niederer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jed niederer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2020 at 7:30pm
Marv, yes I noticed the price increase to $69.99 online and no longer in stores. Glad I got one at $25 in store last week.
Jed Niederer
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2020 at 7:59pm
MarvMar....The guns being sold on Walmart.com now are being sold through 3rd party sellers.If you notice it says sold and shipped by....whoever the seller is,not Walmart.So Walmart itself isn't selling the Christmas Wish gun online.They must've sold out of them all....But I did go to my local Walmart to see if any were still in the store for sale and low and behold there were about 15 still on the shelf.And they were still $25.74 each.So naturally I had to pick up a couple more.If anybody wants one of these I urge them to get them while they can at a Walmart store.
Airitis View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airitis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2020 at 10:34am
When I bought mine in the store, my wife said "Why did you only buy one? ". Maybe she is prophetic!   

I recently checked at a different Walmart and they had none.   I have to go back to the original store and see.
Air-It-Is
Scottie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2020 at 9:24am
Well it looks like Walmart.com is back to selling the "Christmas Wish" online again.For $25.74.But it's back to where they won't ship to Ohio again...Beware,there are still some 3rd party sellers selling them on Walmart.com for outrageously high-rip off prices ($89.95)right alongside Walmarts reasonable price.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic