Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Found a BB gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiley-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Found a BB gun
    Posted: November-11-2020 at 6:31pm
In the early part of the summer, I was driving down the road, glancing as I do at the trash piles because you never know what you'll find.   At one house, I saw something that looked the end of a rifle stock so I pulled over.  

What did I find? A Red Ryder BB gun.  So I scooped it up and headed home.  There was some rust here and there and some of the screws were missing.   So I called Daisy and found that a complete screw kit was a couple bucks, one was ordered.

After the screws came, I cleaned up and treated the rust, put the screws in and found that I had a working BB gun.  

I'm 62 and have more guns than an infantry platoon but I've never owned a BB gun.  So I set up some targets in the back yard and my college age daughter and I have been having fun shooting in the back yard.  

Sadly, the gun is missing it's commemorative medallion from the stock.  I did find one on line for a few bucks but the shop won't process an order of less than $20 (if memory serves).

Anyway, I'm happy with my find and am looking forward to lots of fun the in back yard.   
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2020 at 9:18am
Great find and save.
BB guns are a lot of fun.
Cheaper to shoot than powder burners and great for restricted areas.
Gary
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2020 at 10:28am
Years ago a member of our Huron Valley Gun Collectors Club found a 500 shot Bennett in some- ones trash!

It was complete except for a missing stock.  I ended up with it and my good friend Jerry Kreger made a stock for it.

I still have that gun in my collection!

Check out some trash cans!!
Wes Powers
Wiley-X View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wiley-X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2020 at 10:57am
Originally posted by plymouthairrifle plymouthairrifle wrote:

Check out some trash cans!!

One man's trash . . . .

A friend who own an antique shop gets a fair amount of her merchandise for free on trash days.  It is amazing the nice furniture that people will toss out.  

Ford57 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ford57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2020 at 10:12pm
If you didn't rescue it when you did, it would most likely be land fill now. I'm going to have to have to start paying attention to trash cans.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic