Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Daisy Products > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red Ryder 111 Model 40 bbs fall out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaleskb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red Ryder 111 Model 40 bbs fall out
    Posted: November-27-2020 at 11:21pm
I was very lucky to recently obtain a first production with copper bands, pinned, etc.

In good shape, fires very well. However the BBs fall out after cocking the lever. Not all fall out. I find that I need to shake bb gun vertically and then fire, although they sometimes still fall out after the shake, but it at least is a remedy sometimes.

Does anyone know what could be the issue and/or how to remedy this. It would be greatly appreciated.
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2020 at 12:23am
Sounds like the shot retention spring is not functioning properly.  Unscrew the shot tube and check the shot retention spring near the rear of the shot tube to see if it will keep a BB from rolling forward out of the shot tube.
Pat
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2020 at 1:11am
Zaleskb1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaleskb1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-28-2020 at 1:15pm
Thank u greatly...turns out it doesn't have that spring clip.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic