Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 1:28pm
Dale, from your description I think it is the only way it will fit into the gun.  How did you attach it to the receiver.  If this is the first model 25 it would have a short screw with a nut to hold it to the side of the receiver where the lever could move up and down when cocked.  Make sure you remove the take down screw and separate the barrel assembly from the receiver. This will allow the safety bar lever to lower and rest on the bottom of the frame, now put the trigger spring in place.  

Pat
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 3:50pm

Jeez, you take a break, come back, and find things-a-popping. Well, Happy Holidays everybody!

Let me chime in on safe bars. As far as I know, the only removable safe bar on the No.25 was the very first model. The short-thread screw used must have been super easy to work loose--and immediately disappear. It was also not a hardware-store replacement, and it was not listed on the parts list for repair. So it looks like a quick about-face at Daisy, as they next used a fixed rivet (see pic of the engraved receiver) to secure the safe bar. This was not meant to be messed around with, and why you would find a gun with the bar / rivet removed seems odd.

Me, I would take that opportunity to study the situation. How big is the rivet hole? How long was the rivet? What did it look like, what can I substitute? Hopefully someone else can chime in here if they have heard of a similar repair. You all have a nice Near Years!

PS--the safe bar screw here has a 7/32nd” shoulder to match the hole in the receiver. Oddly, the only matching thread was a 4mm screw (that I threaded into the safe bar, and ditto for a 4mm nut I tried on the screw. Nothing else worked.

dkalsow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkalsow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 6:36pm
Thanks. Where is you find the screw?
Thanks

Dale
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 7:24pm
FWIW, the new style 25 made overseas also has a screw holding the bar... no idea what thread size is.

Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2021 at 10:43am

This is the “safe bar” screw from the 2019 Daisy receiver. When I was dissembling this gun (some time ago) I was not watching for the parts relationship. I pulled up my notes and found two areas of interest. One, I had been told to remove this little screw before the trigger assembly could be removed. Two, with all the screws removed, I could not get the trigger assembly out.

I tugged & pushed & shook, but nothing happened. But as I was setting it aside, the assembly literally just fell out.

Now, I cannot get it back in (enough to push the thru-bolt through). But holding the loose parts in their approximate position, I could see the safe-bar screw does not screw into anything internally. It just screws into the receiver wall itself. The bright, worn area shown in the picture appears to be where this screw contacts the trigger assembly bar. This gun was new & virtually unused.

Back to the original problem, the original poster needs someone to help him with a replacement rivet (or similar). I have no familiarity with the rivet itself, or how much ‘slop’ a homemade repair could be tolerated. I do recall a photo where a No.25 had a repair where a short screw was run from the inside, with a nut then placed on the stub on the outside.

P.S. The 2019 version screw is approximately 4mm or so. A 3/32nd” drill bit fits into the receiver hole itself. I don’t know the SAE equivalent.

dkalsow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkalsow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2021 at 11:22am
Thanks, but that trigger assembly is entirely different then mine. I was able to get a bolt into the gun with a nut on the back side to hold the safe bar but I must have something wrong as the bar is always sitting behind the trigger no matter is the gun is cocked or not. Any idea what I could have wrong? What causes the bar to move up and out of the way so the trigger can be pulled?
Thanks

Dale
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2021 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Gumslinger Gumslinger wrote:

This is the “safe bar” screw from the 2019 Daisy receiver. When I was dissembling this gun (some time ago) I was not watching for the parts relationship. I pulled up my notes and found two areas of interest. One, I had been told to remove this little screw before the trigger assembly could be removed. Two, with all the screws removed, I could not get the trigger assembly out.

I tugged & pushed & shook, but nothing happened. But as I was setting it aside, the assembly literally just fell out.

Now, I cannot get it back in (enough to push the thru-bolt through). But holding the loose parts in their approximate position, I could see the safe-bar screw does not screw into anything internally. It just screws into the receiver wall itself. The bright, worn area shown in the picture appears to be where this screw contacts the trigger assembly bar. This gun was new & virtually unused.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but IIRC, I had to remove the screw to get the gun to break down into halves.

39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2021 at 12:11pm
Dale, the bar is suppose to be behind the trigger.  Look at the diagram of the trigger and trigger spring installation that jackdog posted.
Pat
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2021 at 1:59pm

Cobalt’s helpful observation made me go back to the disassembled (2019) No 25 and did a ‘dry’ fit of the barrel / receiver. That is, the ‘take down’ feature. When assembled, the tiny screw fell about 3/8” or more deeper downwards in the receiver than the closest part of the inserted barrel. Meaning it did not interfere with barrel insertion or removal.

On the other hand, if the trigger assembly had been in place, maybe there is an interaction between the three pieces (screw, trigger, barrel)?

I swear, the action of the safe bar in these guns (and in this new version) is going to make me do an autopsy grinder cut-out one day--just to understand the relationship.

LRJ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2021 at 6:55pm
dale; I am new to Daisy bb guns also & but I have been working on several old #25 recently. From my observation of the safety bar it falls down and blocks the trigger when the barrel assembly is removed from the receiver. The twisted cocking lever has two pins on either side that pushes the plunger back when cocking. One of those pins is longer and it operates the safety lever. hope my explanation helps.

Ray   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic