Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Model 25 Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2021 at 11:54pm

I always had a mental disconnect with the operation of the No. 25 Safe bar at the front end. Along comes DaisyTalk member LRJ69, who in a few words, makes it all clear. OMG, I cannot thank him enough for his input!

The No. 25 barrel has (on the receiver end) a cut-out, which leaves a short leg, and a long leg in its round diameter. I knew the long pin of the cocking lever used the space provided by the short leg, but I did not know why. Duh! 

Pictures will help put this in perspective, so I went through my files and put this together for future reference. The trigger end of the Safe bar has been covered by others for the OP, but maybe later we can put it all together into one thread, an end-to-end trigger spring / safe bar operation to speed things up for other newcomers.

LRJ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2021 at 8:51am
Thank You for the Great Pictures "gumslinger" The pictures explain it better than my words 

Ray   
dkalsow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkalsow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2021 at 10:24pm
I think I have it installed correctly but the safety bar is still locking the trigger. Do you think it is possible the bump on the end of the safe bar is warren down far enough that it no longer move the safe bar up to allow the trigger to be pulled?
Thanks

Dale
LRJ69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LRJ69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2021 at 10:41pm
Could the long pin on your cocking lever be bent or damaged so it is not engaging the safety bar enough to move it ?  I have seen on several of my recent purchases where the long pin is bent backwards or badly worn.   
Gumslinger View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumslinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2021 at 11:55pm
I had the same thought as LRJ69, but I also wonder if the reason the safe bar was removed in the first place had something to do with this problem? Or, is the new side mounting screw too tight, not allowing the safe bar to pivot freely?
dkalsow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkalsow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2021 at 11:04am
When I put the screw in? I did put it in loose enough so it can move and pivot. Does anyone know how tall the ridge or bump on the bar should be that engages the cocking mechanism?
Thanks

Dale
dkalsow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkalsow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 8:26pm
thanks for everyone's help.  I built up the hump on the safe bar and it works great now!
Thanks

Dale
dkalsow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkalsow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 8:31pm
One last question - does any one have a link for where I can download a copy of the service manual?

Thanks

Dale
39hunter View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 39hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 11:18pm
Dale, here is a link that has a service manual download for sale.
https://www.jgairguns.biz/repair-manuals-c-46_798/dai25fsm-download-factory-service-manual-for-daisy-model-25-p-12976.html
Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic