Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daisy Vintage Leather BB pouch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon479 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daisy Vintage Leather BB pouch
    Posted: December-28-2020 at 7:54pm
My father passed on to me, in the 1960's, a leather Daisy BB Pouch.  It seems to be of a leather that is much more worn, and lacking any grain pattern, then the vintage Daisy pouches that may be Googled on the internet...  Although it is the same pattern and stitching, it seems to be of a different material (genuine hide or leather?).

I am very curious if this may be an older version of the Daisy pouch.  My dad would have been a 10 year old boy in 1932, when he would have had a Daisy BB gun.  Could this pouch have been produced back into the 1930's?

If not, then why is it of a material that is more leather-like then that of all the pouches pictured on internet searches?
Rick Cates View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2020 at 9:16pm
I am not an expert however, I only know of the bb pouches to have been produced in the 1950's and 60's.
Those pouches have the metal snap top with Daisy impressed on them.
I have a number of the pouches and all have the grained type leather.
Some are rather worn however, they are not completely smooth as you describe.
Just my limited knowledge as a Daisy collector for many years.
Rick in TX
Rick - Lifetime Museum Member
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2020 at 12:43am

As far as I know there were two types of Daisy Leather wallets.  The one I am very familiar with is the one shown in the first photo below.  It was sold in the envelope with two packs of Red Ryder BBs and is the most common one you will see with the pebble type leather and shaped as shown..  I sell this replica envelope.  Email if interested.

The other one is a smooth leather, had a different shape and I believe was sold with BB gun kits and is much harder one to find.  It had a different shape than the first one  and is older.  Do not know anything more.  Be interesting to see the one you have...  Thanks Jon479 for your post and welcome to the forum.
Regards, Rick

Front side of wallet

Back Side of Wallet

Aim Straight
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-29-2020 at 10:35am
I have seen several of the top photo style pouch where the snap was plain.
Wes Powers
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by jackdog jackdog wrote:

As far as I know there were two types of Daisy Leather wallets.  The one I am very familiar with is the one shown in the first photo below.  It was sold in the envelope with two packs of Red Ryder BBs and is the most common one you will see with the pebble type leather and shaped as shown..  I sell this replica envelope.  Email if interested.

The other one is a smooth leather, had a different shape and I believe was sold with BB gun kits and is much harder one to find.  It had a different shape than the first one  and is older.  Do not know anything more.  Be interesting to see the one you have...  Thanks Jon479 for your post and welcome to the forum.
Regards, Rick

I have collected Daisy items for a long time and I have never come across one of the smooth leather pouches.  Are they the same leather on the inside as the outside?
They must be pretty rare and they are a little different shape than the later ones.
I have a couple of the Daisy Sets that have the bb wallets included in the sets which were from the 1950's or early 1960's.
I guess I need to look closer in my searches as there are new items to be collected.
If you look you learn something ever day.
Rick in TX

jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2020 at 10:38pm
Rick,  yes same leather on inside as out..
Happy New Year... Rick
Aim Straight
Dazycrazy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2021 at 12:17pm
I have one of the early suede type and it has the same shape as the grained example shown here, unlike the one shown with the waist shape... So that makes three types.
zombiehunter5972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zombiehunter5972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2021 at 1:46pm
Hello Rick Cates, would you by any chance be willing to sell one of the pouches? Thanks
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick Cates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by zombiehunter5972 zombiehunter5972 wrote:

Hello Rick Cates, would you by any chance be willing to sell one of the pouches? Thanks

They are on Ebay all the time.
I am not sure what they are worth right now.
I have several of the grained style ranging from like new to worn.
I have a couple of the original envelopes containing the wallet and bb's which I want to keep.
I would sell one I guess of the grained single wallets if you are a collector and not a reseller.
I will need to know what it will cost to send it to Canada if that is where you are.
Let me know what you are interested in.
Rick in TX

zombiehunter5972 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zombiehunter5972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2021 at 3:03am
I would not resell it. I am looking for one to display with my vintage airguns. To ship to Canada, it probably wouldn't be more than 5 or 6 dollars. What would you be asking for one of them? It is much appreciated.
Thanks, R
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic