FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oddball model H

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cobalt327 View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobalt327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oddball model H
    Posted: January-08-2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by keenkutterrick keenkutterrick wrote:

I have a Sentinel repeater that no one seems to have ever seen before. Id like to post a picture, if someone could walk me through how to do it.
I'd be happy to post it for you. Some folks have had trouble getting emails to me, but that's not what normally happens.

Anyway, cobalt327 at hotmail.com
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2021 at 9:14pm
DC,
You are absolutely correct; it is definitely an odd combination of features, especially considering the barrel patch and the lever clips. It is also as fine a Model H specimen as I have seen.  A keeper for sure!
Gary 
Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com

Dazycrazy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2021 at 6:56pm
Hello Gary
Thank you so much for your book it is a great gift to all daisy fans and I urge those that don't have it to seek out a copy. I have worn mine right out the binding. I will get some pictures for you of my model H. I am embarrassed to say I made a mistake my example is a 350 shot not 500. My eyes and memory are both showing age. It is indeed an under barrel patch nickel 6 5/8 step down with the lever clips, and still a bit of an oddball if I'm not mistaken.
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2021 at 6:04pm
I have a Sentinel repeater that no one seems to have ever seen before. Id like to post a picture, if someone could walk me through how to do it.
DaisyBBgunner View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaisyBBgunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2021 at 5:33pm
Daisycrazy,

You may have a variation that was not known to me when the book went to press. A hand full of guns that are not in the book keep popping up.  I have a feeling I'll be hearing about these guns for the rest of my life!  Would love to see detailed photos of your Model H. 

I am always learning new things about Daisy guns (and furiously writing notes in my working copy of the book).  

Gary Garber
daisybbgunner@aol.com
Dazycrazy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2021 at 8:10pm
Gary's awesome plymouth encyclopedia tells us that the model H can be a hard one to nail down. Mine sure fits that description. I'm the proud possessor of a nickel 500 shot repeater, with an under barrel patch, 6 5/8 step down, and lever clips. Go figure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic