Daisy Museum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Daisy Airguns > Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures
    Posted: January-06-2021 at 4:10pm
Is there a reason it's next to impossible to post pictures here? I'm not IT savvy.
Bavaria55n View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bavaria55n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 8:52am
Me either.
I really appreciate those who can do it and share them with us.
Gary
plymouthairrifle View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plymouthairrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 10:23am
I agree!!     I have posted photos on other forums that are so easy even a "cave man" could do it.

Please make a change to this site and let us post photos!!

Wes Powers
oldwizzer View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 2:05pm
There are a number of members  that post pictures here.

Ejwills.

Ejwills
twocompassheads View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twocompassheads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 4:27pm
I will paste this picture in this forum reply and explain how I did it.  It is the last picture at the bottom.
    Here is how to do it.  I will post a series of pictures and the steps to post pictures in here.
First you need to put your pictures into a photograph site, it won't take them directly from your phone, computer or tablet.  I use Imgur to send my photos to, I only use this for the Daisy Forum.  Easy to load your pictures to that site and easy to sign up for access.  I don't share them on Imgur with the public or any where else.  There are other sites that maybe other member can say what they use but this one works good for me.
    This is the procedure that I use to post pictures, first I give myself a few lines for writing, if you don't then you can't squeeze it in later after the pictures are entered.  At least this is what I've ran into.  Also if you put the curser at the top of the last picture and you want to put another picture on the forum reply there will be no gap to write under the picture, they will be one continuous line of pictures.  I will say hi under the first picture with a space.

1.  I open two browsers to go back and forth in when posting pictures.
2.  The pictures will be on your page (Imgur) and the number of pictures in that group that you downloaded will be in the top right corner.
3.  In the forum you need to go to "post reply" and the box will open up like the one in the picture, click on the green tree where you see my pointer  
4.  Next a window will pop up like in the picture, I just ignore it and go to my Imgur post and it will go away when you switch to Imgur. 
5.  Click on the group of pictures you want to use.  This will open up all those pictures in that group and you can pick the one you want.   Remember you downloaded these to Imgur cause these are the ones you want to post.  Like the Christmas guns that I posted a picture of you right click on the picture and hit "copy image" 
6. Then go back to the forum and put the curser where you want the top left corner of the picture to be and right click to bring up your window and click on "paste" and walah you have a picture posted.
7.  For each picture I click on the green tree to let me post a picture, maybe I don't have to do that after the first one but I do it anyways and it works.
8.  Remember that you post the last picture first and then the next one will be on top of it and so on.  Space between each picture or put the curser on the top of the last picture for no spacing.

Good luck on it.

Hi everyone!!!

Keep On Plinking
schutzen-jager View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schutzen-jager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 5:11pm
this + the CMP forum are the only ones that do not allow users to post attached photos directly from computer , at least  9 other forums i belong to allow it with no security problems at all - 
jackdog View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 10:24pm
Dennis, thanks for the turorial for those that are struggling with posting images.  That took some work to do.  I personally use postimages.com . for hosting the images, and it gives you an icon to automatically copy the link for the posting.  I think it involves less steps than what you described, but not sure.

One thing I had to learn , and this was by luck.  The Post image icon does not show up above the quick reply window unless you click on the arrow pointing up and to the right above the message block.  If you do not do this there is no icon to insert an image... 
Unless I have a strange browser or something???

Nice Job.
Rick
Aim Straight
oldrifle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldrifle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2021 at 10:57pm
Why no pictures?
Typically it is a management and budgetary issue for the forum owner.
Some owners are concerned about managing what kind of photos might be posted...for instance, that bikini girl behind the air rifle might be a problem form the owner.
Also, pictures take space, and space costs money on the server. It isn't much money, but if the site is a low budget operation, the couple hundred dollars a year for storage might be prohibitive.
So what this forums does, is they require you to host the pictures elsewhere, and then post the link to the picture here. It's a pain for the users, but saves space for the this site.
keenkutterrick View Drop Down
Red Ryder Member
Red Ryder Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keenkutterrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2021 at 7:12am
Makes sense.
schutzen-jager View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schutzen-jager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2021 at 12:57pm
after massive problems with two photo hosting sites i will never use one again - many others are of the same opinion as i am - like i previously stated numerous other forums allow direct posting with never a problem -  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic